My New Tattoo! First session

This is the result of a four hour sitting. In about 2 weeks I'm getting the neck, shoukders and black around him done with maybe a moon nehind him suggestions are welcome!

I'm sorry but I'm so excited about this tattoo that I'm doing backflips to see the finished product! I knew my artist could nail it but I'm floored by the detail

Pretty cool!

I hope you will show us all the updates on the tattoo ehehehe :p

Also, pretty cool that you're doing a new Eddie, instead of some of the other more "obvious" choices. I like to think of Maiden as a moving entity myself, so... ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the comliments guys! I will be posting more as added up until completion. I'm so glad I went with the current Eddie. In my opinion he is the most menacing and sets the tone for the entire album!image.jpeg
This is the background I'm leaning towards... :)

My fav response so far is "wow" he looks just Iike Eddie from Iron Maiden!" I'm like "he IS Eddie!" New album! Go grab it! :)

Yeah respect for picking such a new Eddie and not one of the classics.
That was the hardest part... Picking one of the many Eddies. I picked BOS Eddie because I'm loving the new album, every song, but this Eddie just spoke to me.... Out of all the Eddies that have been done, and I love them all, if you were to stray off from the Mayan temple tour group and ran into this Eddie, you'd be watching your own heart beating its final beats just before your head gets lobbed off! Total badass! Again, I think this Eddie represents Iron Maidens album version of KISS' Destroyer... A true masterpiece. Especially this late in the bands career is a true testament of how serious they are about the musc first! Don't believe all the talk about them quitting. They have so much more gas in their tank! Enjoy the ride!

That was the hardest part... Picking one of the many Eddies. I picked BOS Eddie because I'm loving the new album, every song, but this Eddie just spoke to me.... Out of all the Eddies that have been done, and I love them all, if you were to stray off from the Mayan temple tour group and ran into this Eddie, you'd be watching your own heart beating its final beats just before your head gets lobbed off! Total badass! Again, I think this Eddie represents Iron Maidens album version of KISS' Destroyer... A true masterpiece. Especially this late in the bands career is a true testament of how serious they are about the musc first! Don't believe all the talk about them quitting. They have so much more gas in their tank! Enjoy the ride!
Right on! :cool:

You actually made me want to play the new album really LOUD! :edmetal: ehehehe

I found out the hard way that the louder you play BOS the more likely Eddies head will pop out of your back. I was only playing it at 9. I'm gonna have to dial up to 11 to get his neck shoulders and background to pop out! :)

My next session is set for next Friday the 20th. I'm excited. It may take one or two more sessions. Please give me your opinions...
Should I go with a plain black background and make it look like Ihave a shotgun blast in my back with the skin ripped open revealing Eddie in my empty body cavity or use the background wth the moon. I ant make up my mind but I want it to look kick ass...

Pretty cool that you're actually adding stuff to the new album cover, makes it work much better in tattoo terms :ok:

Back