CHEESEVIVÖR II Campaign 1: Rebel Battalion, Battle 2: Highland Glory vs Korpiklaani

Which band is cheesier?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perun

His name struck fear into hearts of men
Staff member
bnr_zpse40vjclv.png

For the prologue, see this link.

For the first battle in this campaign, go here.

Campaign 1: Rebel Battalion, Battle 2: Highland Glory vs Korpiklaani

Highland Glory - From the Cradle to the Brave
I just can't get over how awesome this title is - From the Cradle to the Brave. It's just incredible. It says everything about a band from Norway that wants to be Scottish. And more. I swear it people, I want this band to win.

Korpiklaani - Wooden Pints
The Finnish hummpa wood trolls were criminally left out of the first Cheesevivör, and due to popular request, they are in here now. Whether it's wooden pints you prefer, vodka or beer beer (one won't suffice), let yourself be turned into a happy little boozer under the sun of midsummer night.

Highland Glory is cheesy, but Korpiklaani is on another level, plus the ridiculous video helps. Korpiklaani at least used to be a fun band to see live and get drunk to, but they stopped writing songs in English and only play 2 or 3 of those during shows :(

Tartan metal. This has to be a serious contender. At least Korpiklaani don't take themselves too seriously.

The last part of the Highland Glory song is certainly a brave artistic decision.

Has anyone looked at the Highland Glory wiki page? May it never be edited.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_Glory

And this cover. It's Mel Gibson dressed as Braveheart holding up a child, standing in a place that looks like approximately nowhere in Scotland.

Highland_Glory_From_the_Cradle_to_the_Brave.png

But that Korpy Planky video, wow, that is terrible. I actually thought it was a fan video at first.

Last edited:
In the chorus, it sounds like the Highland Glory singer goes "... that will lead the Arsenal way":eek: At least until they slow it down towards the end of the song.

As this is a Cheesevivör, Korpiklaani lose this duel to the over-the-top cheesiness of Highland Glory. But at least, they really know how to party :cheers:

I just found out that we can add them to the Female Vocalist thread....They had a female singer for one album Twist of Faith ...

Back