"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listened to it through 4 times now and a few songs more than that .. I'll sum up my feelings as

PLVFa.jpg

I haven't trolled a single time in around 600 posts and 3 years on this forum, so I hope I've proven that I'm serious.
I believe you that you're serious, but I think you can accept that your opinion is the complete opposite of pretty much everyone else who has heard this album. This leads me to believe the difficulty might be with you, and not the album - but that's fine.

I haven't trolled a single time in around 600 posts and 3 years on this forum, so I hope I've proven that I'm serious.
You see, if your last post would be like "Ok, I dont like it - songs doesn't work for me" - great, different opinion. I can understand this. But telling that they don't care by making new material, planing huge tour, learning how to fly Jumbo Jet just to visit more countries and all that after cancer of one the members - that's definition of BS right there. That's all, I can't understand how they not care. Album can be bad for you, I'm fine with that but calling that "not caring" is just… wow.

Does anyone else think TRaTB sounds like the spiritual successor to Ancient Mariner?

I really think TRaTB has pushed the epics to a new level. Right now, I can't think of anything else in my life other than TRaTB. Yes, I love that much this song.

But, but you understand that it is just three different melodies over some chords for the first 5+ minutes,right?

You even hear the Pro Tools cross fades between the sections where they've edited parts together in "The Red and the Black". This is just a band that doesn't care about playing stuff anymore.

You want a polished sound and a clean album. You don't like this one. We get it.

Other than that, pretty good 90 minute album from a band that apparently doesn't care about playing anything.

I believe you that you're serious, but I think you can accept that your opinion is the complete opposite of pretty much everyone else who has heard this album. This leads me to believe the difficulty might be with you, and not the album - but that's fine.

And I haven't done that? I haven't accused anyone who likes the album for being blind, overhyped, a troll or all those things at the same time. And I don't believe that to be true. But in all this "OMG best-album-ever" that I expected to be part of without doubts, I found an album that to me is extremely disappointing (to put it mildly).

I thought this band could do nothing wrong - I've loved everything they've put out since the reunion, and I'm among the fans who thinks it's their greatest period. I got into music because of Brave New World, love Dance of Death on first listen, have A Matter of Life and Death and The Final Frontier among my absolute favourite albums.

You want a polished sound and a clean album. You don't like this one. We get it.

Perhaps you missed that I loved the well executed "live" feel of A Matter of Life and Death and to a great extent also The Final Frontier. So I would be lying if I said I wanted them to do a clean production. This is just poorly done, and even worse it's poorly played.

If people want to get on the production then that's fine as some of it is legit. But I think as a whole, it has the most different feel to it than any album they have made since X-factor. And it isn't like you guys complaining about production were expecting Birch 2.0 on this either. Maiden told you up front how they made this album.

And you know what? I think it works in their favor. If this is how they want to make their 16th album, so be it. By now you should either be all for it or not care at all.

I could see if the songs were shitty ala 90's and whatnot but most of these songs are incredible and there is no filler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back