Fastest Maiden song ever!?

I always thought it was The loneliness of the long distance runner. However our friends in here say it is Purgatory. And there is science behind the reasoning. How can we decide between Khan and Purgatory? Please also keep in mind both are in Killers. I don't know how can someone take Killers as a bad album. But this would at least explain why so many people like the new albums....cause they have nothing in common with the old raw ones.

Last edited:
I guess "Judgement Day" (X Factor B-side) is also among the fastest Maiden tracks (though surely not THE fastest). EDIT: so is "The Alchemist"

Yep, this is quite fast. I think this is the last good fast song they did. When I started this thread I expected that the real fast songs would be quite a lot. But I don't think we had more than 10 candidates.

Yep, this is quite fast. 1) I think this is the last good fast song they did. When I started this thread I expected that the real fast songs would be quite a lot. 2) But I don't think we had more than 10 candidates.

1) Unfortunately, I tend to agree with you. ;)
2) Do you mean in their entire career or post-reunion?

I am talking about their whole career. And it seems that the really fast material is included in Killers. I actually gave it quite a few spins lately. I know it might not be to everyone's taste but it sure is a busy,fast and energetic album. Speaking for myself I really rig it.

Purgatory probably fastest (from studio albums)....
There is a very fast section in Ghengis Khan also...

Reactions: Gk1
But it is a cover,right?

Yes it is, by Montrose originally.

It's actually very fun to go listen to all of the original tracks that Maiden has covered over the years...Some of them you're like "How the hell did they make that work so well?"

Like, That Girl by FM...Which is currently in the top 5 in the B-side survivor :lol:

True Adrian Smith music ;)

After listening to the original a lot lately, I kinda wish they let H sing that cover too, it's perfect for his range and would've fit in nicely with Reach Out.

Back