Prowler

How good is Prowler on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
How many times are you planning on posting that?

Well I guess this is the best one to start with.

Never liked it too much, very simple and the lyrics aren't great either. 5/10.

8- good way to start off the first album.  The lyrics are a bit silly though even for a debut.  Good solos. 

the only 10/10 for me of paul di'annos maiden. Cant think of a better opener, high energy to kick home that NWOBHM connection while as taker touched on giving what was so wanted at the time. the lyrical irrelevance and poor production dont matter because the energy sweeps you away.

7/10. Music is fantastic, but the lyrics are absolutely ridiculous, and prevent the song from rising any higher for me.

This song was my first exposure to Maiden, when I listened to the one minute sample on Maiden's website eight years ago. Could already tell they were something amazing. I still love the opening riff and the wah-wah guitar part. Song has a great drive and a decent solo. With a more powerful chorus it could have been a classic, but as it stands it's just a great song.

8/10. An excellent start to the Iron Maiden debut. It immediately brought back a slightly punk rock feel to it.
I agree that the lyrics are simple and creepy, but also funny because of that creepiness. A bold first song. Excellent guitar solo.

A great riff and melody with a nice groove. I like Di'annos delivery on this one and Murray's guitar solo is great!
I don't really like the song structure thou, feels repetive towards the end. They should have written a second verse or cut the song shorter.
Otherwise a great song, and an adrenalin pumping opener!

7/10

Last edited:
Easily the best song of the album, and one where the rather rough playing and production doesn't do the song a disfavour.

Back