Studio Album #16 - Rumours and Speculation (New Info 27.02.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No me neither . It changed all the bands scheduling and there fore undermined my predictions for the glorious new year. I'll take a mulligan. I do believe an iconic megahit awaits us on this album. Bigger than notb , the trooper or hallowed. A blast of momentous metal too outstanding to be ignored by the mainstream even. Not that I give a damn about that. But I have a vision of a song recognized by most maiden fans as their best ever.

I would rank Maiden's last 4 albums right up there with the very best stuff from the 80's and I have no doubt we'll get more of that the next time around. The only thing that hasn't been topped is my most favorite vocal performance in the history of everything which is Aces High, but I'm not too worried about that happening. If it does happen, it will be a great surprise, but if it doesn't, it's no big deal either.

Well, based on all we know, Bruce gets the MRI done in May, takes a few more months to rest and the album release is announced at late July or early August which means we could be getting the new album around September or October. That also shoots down the possibility of another pre-release album tour if a tour is to happen at all. I have everything crossed that Bruce makes a complete, full recovery!

I am foremost happy with Bruce's health update!

But indeed, the album is important to me as well. I really wonder what these finishing touches would be. Some last re-takes of solos? Perhaps even vocal lines?
I wonder..... it'd be weird to work on an album that (according to strong rumours) was "finished" or "put on pause" 4 or 5 months ago. Normally, artists (unless you're called Metallica) prefer to record in one continuous timelapse, but of course Maiden was forced to take a break. Or at least Bruce. (who knows if other have continued in the last months, if they hadn't finished their stuff last year).

So, naturally, this is not ideal, but I wonder if this can be good as well: Finishing a record with renewed spirit, and a fresh view on already old material, that can be interesting.

It could be that all the songs are completely done and Maiden themselves don't have to do anything else and that the final mixing and mastering hasn't been done yet and they wanted to wait on that until Bruce got the all clear.

I am foremost happy with Bruce's health update!

But indeed, the album is important to me as well. I really wonder what these finishing touches would be. Some last re-takes of solos? Perhaps even vocal lines?
I wonder..... it'd be weird to work on an album that (according to strong rumours) was "finished" or "put on pause" 4 or 5 months ago. Normally, artists (unless you're called Metallica) prefer to record in one continuous timelapse, but of course Maiden was forced to take a break. Or at least Bruce. (who knows if other have continued in the last months, if they hadn't finished their stuff last year).

So, naturally, this is not ideal, but I wonder if this can be good as well: Finishing a record with renewed spirit, and a fresh view on already old material, that can be interesting.
I've found that when making music, I'm never 100% satisfied, there's always something that can be worked on. Without a deadline I could work on something forever. It seems like that's true for most musicians (or people from any art form). I wouldn't be surprised if (assuming the rumors of them finishing are true) after sitting on the album for a few months they've decided to go back and change some things. Not so much in songwriting but more certain solos/mixing decisions/vocal lines etc. Especially with a perfectionist like Adrian in the band.

I really wonder what these finishing touches would be.
Getting the merch machine rolling. I don't think this has anything to do with the album at all. Remember we talked about how the timing of the new album would depend on Bruce's health. If Bruce was going to be healthy, say, late next year, they may have delayed the album. They played it smart. Now, they need to get the gears rolling. Tshirts made, discs printed, etc.

Getting the merch machine rolling. I don't think this has anything to do with the album at all. Remember we talked about how the timing of the new album would depend on Bruce's health. If Bruce was going to be healthy, say, late next year, they may have delayed the album. They played it smart. Now, they need to get the gears rolling. Tshirts made, discs printed, etc.

Yeah, merch and art is probably the most logical. We always think so much about the music and the band instead of thinking, "well, they've gotta commission art, print shirts, update websites, apps, clear schedules for crew, make preliminary plans for press junkets, etc."

All that shit is true. Schedule promo tours, let the magazines know, get early copies out to the reviewers, all sorts of things.

Interesting reactions. I confess I was on Mosh's line as well. Although I doubt if Adrian has anything to say about changing anything last minute. Perhaps a solo of his own, but probably not something that has to do with sound. *remembers making of TFF-diary by Kevin Shirley*

The way they usually work, I don't think this has anything to do with the music itself. Remember Shirley said a few months ago that he had been mixing some Metal stuff, and most of us assumed it was Maiden ? Harris dislikes returning to the work once it's done, and Smith is very unlikely to make him change his mine, so my bet is on artwork and promo. By the way, i's great to discuss music and related stuff again, instead of disease, prognosis and survival rate...

Interesting reactions. I confess I was on Mosh's line as well. Although I doubt if Adrian has anything to say about changing anything last minute. Perhaps a solo of his own, but probably not something that has to do with sound. *remembers making of TFF-diary by Kevin Shirley*
Right I was thinking solos as well. Although I'm sure he's allowed to at least give his input on the production. Whether or not Harris approves it is another story. :p

Edit: Also, given the nature of this album's delay, I don't think it'd be too far fetched to assume that some things might not be what we're used to with Maiden. Sure Steve rarely returns to work when it's done, but he's never had to sit on an album for this long for reasons outside of his control.

I think if there's any way Maiden could use this to their advantage, it's to revisit the (presumably finished) album and critically listen for something they could improve before going into the final stages.

Last edited:
They might have used all their studio time up.On the other hand we never got any studio reports this time around. Lets hope they did a better job with the arrangements with this new one.With H's return we got some long missing riffs back to Maiden's music.We'll just have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back