Bruce Undergoes Cancer Treatment (ALL CLEAR AS OF 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't post here much but this is worthy of a reply.... I feel so much happier now. I lost my dad to cancer 3 years ago so anything cancer orientated makes me feel sick. Here is hoping that all clear means all clear for the future.
A day at a time to build up strength and get back to full fitness. Brilliant news.

Sad to hear about your dad.

Bruce says,

“I would like to thank the fantastic medical team who have been treating me for the last few months, resulting in this amazing outcome. It’s been tough on my family and in many ways it was harder for them than me. I’d also like to send a heartfelt thanks to all our fans for their kind words and thoughts. I’m a firm believer in trying to maintain a positive attitude, and the encouragement from the global Maiden family meant a great deal to me. Right now, I’m feeling extremely motivated and can’t wait to get back to business as usual, as soon as I can!”

I will definitely drink to that! Great news!

Rod said "weeks" not "months" for album work. Which means a few months, as opposed to a lot of months.

Place your bets now! I predict US album release on August 18.

My prediction is unfortunately more cynical, despite how little there apparently is left to do on the album. A new album "this year" could mean anything from now until December 31st, and since they're not touring at all this year, I'd almost expect them to push it back as far as possible to come close to coinciding with the tour to support it.

I really, REALLY hope I'm wrong and that it is August, but I just don't see them kicking the album out the door and doing nothing to support it for MANY months. The tour delay part I'm not too bothered about, though. Though I'd love to see them again, they haven't hit Minneapolis for 15 years now, and I think my traveling to Chicago days for them are done...unless they do something to really shake up their live formula (mainly setlist-wise), which I don't see happening.

Party-pooping aside, really fantastic news that Bruce is all clear and probably well on the road to a full recovery! :yey:

My prediction is unfortunately more cynical, despite how little there apparently is left to do on the album. A new album "this year" could mean anything from now until December 31st, and since they're not touring at all this year, I'd almost expect them to push it back as far as possible to come close to coinciding with the tour to support it.

Totally agree with your assessment. I doubt we see an album before November, and maybe some special one-off European shows in January or February for light promotion with a full-scale tour taking place in the summer.

My prediction is unfortunately more cynical...

Your prediction isn't even there, except in the vaguest terms. If you wanna criticize my prediction, fine; what's yours? I put an exact date out there, where's yours?

I don't mind criticism. But I get more than a little sick and tired of people telling me how I'm wrong, when they don't have the backbone to make their own guess. I'm fucking tired of trying to make a contribution here, only to see people knock it down without adding anything new.

So how about you come up with your own actual prediction, as long as you think you're good enough to call mine wrong.

Your prediction isn't even there, except in the vaguest terms. If you wanna criticize my prediction, fine; what's yours? I put an exact date out there, where's yours?

I don't mind criticism. But I get more than a little sick and tired of people telling me how I'm wrong, when they don't have the backbone to make their own guess. I'm fucking tired of trying to make a contribution here, only to see people knock it down without adding anything new.

So how about you come up with your own actual prediction, as long as you think you're good enough to call mine wrong.

...I think something unintentionally touched a nerve here, SMX. I didn't read anything catty or dismissive in Bryers' post, if anything he's saying that he hopes you're right, but thinks that we won't get a new album 'til later. It's not cool to get shot down, but I think you're projecting something else onto a pretty innocent post here.

On the other hand, I'll tell you why your prediction IS wrong...

SinisterMinisterX said:
Place your bets now! I predict US album release on August 18.

August 18 is a Tuesday. By July, the universal release date for all new music in all countries will have changed to Fridays. :D

I'm gonna predict something closer to the Christmas season in a Bring Your Daughter esque move to get the album to #1. There's no tour they need to build promotion around and then there's the added bonus of having it closer to 2016 when there will be a tour.

Of course there's the downside of a pretty large delay.

Considering the fact that they've done quite a few tours without a new album release and that their tours do well no matter what, it doesn't really matter when they release the album. I'm going to predict that it will take a month, maybe 2 at the most to finish everything up and then we'll get a new song with full album details which are usually announced around 2 months before the actual release date.

...I think something unintentionally touched a nerve here, SMX. I didn't read anything catty or dismissive in Bryers' post, if anything he's saying that he hopes you're right, but thinks that we won't get a new album 'til later. It's not cool to get shot down, but I think you're projecting something else onto a pretty innocent post here.

Pretty much this. Not shooting anything down, just throwing it out there that we might not get it until late due to touring.

Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back