Paradise Lost

Someone with sharp eyes tells me a date for PL recently popped up on the website of a venue in Manchester, and then very quickly disappeared. Sounds like they might have jumped the gun. I'm going to watch out for that one, although the date was midweek, which is pretty useless for me.

I'm not sure about the beard thing but I definitely like the new stuff so far. I hope they come back to play here. :dancinggeek:

Album is amazing.

Growls on almost every song, I think only one doesn't have them. It's quite doomy and has lots of epic moments.

I heard snippets of every song on the album a couple of weeks ago and it was promising. A lot of variety in it, I thought, some real old-style Paradise Lost type stuff, but also some melodic moments. And still no tour dates I can get to. :mad:

Heard the album twice in the past 24 hours. I like it, overall. The highlights for me are No Hope in Sight, An Eternity of Lies, Victim of the Past (which I saw live last September) and Return to the Sun. At the other end of the scale, I found Flesh from Bone almost unlistenable. It's obvious that "my" Paradise Lost is the one with restricted growling, although I don't mind some. I realise that Nick Holmes is not the world's best singer but I like his phrasing and his singing, and since growling takes away most of the vocal melody, I miss his clean singing.

We are pleased to finally announce that we will headline Roadburn Festival on Thursday 14 April 2016 playing our second album, Gothic, in celebration of its 25th anniversary from start to finish, alongside tracks from The Plague Within!
As a young band we spent a good deal of time in the early 90’s driving around The Netherlands in a small transit van, living off chips with mayonnaise, drinking Chocomel and playing stuff from this album. 'Gothic' totally reminds me of those days, so if we were ever going to play the album in its entirety in 2016, it has to be in The Netherlands, and where better than the Roadburn Festival!!
We will also be playing The Netherlands - Tivoli, Utrecht on 7 October 2015 as part of our European tour in support of The Plague Within.

Tried their new album, didn't do anything for me. Is it a grower? Bad place to start?

I'll throw it in my 2015 playlist anyway and see if I can get into it.

At this moment, iconic UK metallers, PARADISE LOST, are putting the final touches to their upcoming album, recorded at Orgone Studios in the misty countryside of Woburn, England. Together with producer Jaime Gomez Arellano, they have forged the follow-up to their highly acclaimed release »The Plague Within« (2015), which brought them a step closer to their death metal roots. This time, PARADISE LOST will haunt their fans with a heavy, doom-ridden monster, as lead guitarist and songwriter Greg Mackintosh reveals:

The new album will be slower, sludgier and more doom filled than ever before. Eight riff laden monster tracks of sheer Northern misery.”

paradiselost-studio2017.jpg

This 15th studio album will see the light of day at the end of summer via Nuclear Blast and is entitled »Medusa«. As some might know, Medusa is considered a hideous Gorgon in Greek mythology - a winged female monster with living venomous snakes in place of hair and everyone who dares taking a look at her will immediately turn to stone! So watch out for new details about the album being revealed soon - if you dare.

Fuck. Yeah. :shred:

Splendid! Still considering going to Damnation Festival in November, PL and Bloodbath headlining.

We can now reveal the full "Medusa" track-list:

1. Fearless Sky (8:30)
2. Gods Of Ancient (5:50)
3. From The Gallows (3:42)
4. The Longest Winter (4:31)
5. Medusa (6:20)
6. No Passage For The Dead (4:16)
7. Blood & Chaos (3:51)
8. Until The Grave (5:41)

Bonus tracks:
Frozen Illusion (5:45)
Shrines (3:59)