Dream Theater

Don't know why something has to be technical to sound like DT, but anyway, I remember one of them sounded a lot like Home.

Don't know why something has to be technical to sound like DT, but anyway, I remember one of them sounded a lot like Home.

It doesn't, I referred to your other post saying the snippets sounded more like DT rip off bands like Bad Salad. Bad Salad's music is technical.

There are many snippets around. None of the ones I've heard sounded like Home.

I decided to listen to This Dying Soul again a few days ago. It might be my new favorite.
The last minute of the song may have been the most hardcore minute of my life!

Heh, I think the last part of the song is way too drawn out and ruins what would be a great song. But cool that you like it!

Just listened to "Along For the Ride" from the new album.

It sounds...meh. Like a ballad from Falling Into Infinity or Scenes From a Memory. Not bad. Not really good, just kinda meh. LaBrie is really pouring on the drama...the little chugging part in the middle is cool. Jordan's solo sounds like a video game again. :rolleyes:

The new song is extremely poppy and cheesy. It's like the most cheesy DT song I can think of X 10. Actually I don't care if I ever hear it again, it did nothing for me...:down:

Why the spoilers? But OK,
it's much better than the first leaked song, but nothing special really...

Not gonna listen until the albums is out. FII ballads are good, wouldn't mind something in that vein. Most of their ballads are growers for me anyway. You Not Me isn't very cheesy, just bad. Most cheesy would probably be Another Day I think, which isn't a bad song.

I think You Not Me is very very cheesy. The song sounds just like boyband era songs and lyrics are pure cheese.

Yea that sax solo made me hate the song when I first heard it. Took me a long time to get over that and enjoy the rest of an otherwise good song. Which is actually kinda ironic for two reasons

1: I'm a sax player
2: I love Spyro Gyra (band where the soloist came from)

Soprano saxophone is a tough instrument for me to enjoy anyway.

Still waiting. I'll have the album on Saturday, that's not too long.

Back