Maiden new album in 2014

That one appeared a little while ago. The original article doesn't actually quote Bruce talking about a 2014 album, it just mentions it at the very end of the article. I'd like to think he did say it, but maybe that's wishful thinking on my part!

Why? They're not obligated to make an album every 3-4 years. I'd rather them make one when the time is right instead of force one just because it's been 4 years. Plus it's not like they haven't been active since 2010.

Why? They're not obligated to make an album every 3-4 years. I'd rather them make one when the time is right instead of force one just because it's been 4 years. Plus it's not like they haven't been active since 2010.
I know they are not obligated. It's just that they give the impression that they are creative and energetic enough to dive into the studio, more often than once in five(!) years. Perhaps it's a wrong impression?

And if Bruce's business (or most other matters) are more important than Maiden then I do not have to approve of that. I am a fan of Maiden's music, not of everything else they're doing.

I won't drag them into court for being slow, I am just saying that I find it ridiculous.

I know they are not obligated. It's just that they give the impression that they are creative and energetic enough to dive into the studio, more often than once in five(!) years. Perhaps it's a wrong impression?
I've always gotten the impression that they rather be touring and playing live. I remember one of them (think it was Bruce) saying that they put out records as an excuse to tour. I'm sure if they didn't tour as much we'd get albums more often.

And if Bruce's business (or most other matters) are more important than Maiden then I do not have to approve of that. I am a fan of Maiden's music, not of everything else they're doing.
Well you may not approve of that but you're not in charge of what Bruce does. If he'd rather pursue a business career, who are we to stop him? I don't think this is an issue though, like I said before, for a band their age they tour a lot. I always saw Bruce's business stuff as him preparing for when Steve decides to disband Maiden. He's going to need something to do when they call it quits, a guy with that much energy isn't going to sit around all the time.

And yea, Metallica is the same way. They postpone studio time in favor of tours. Just be glad that it hasn't been over twenty years since Maiden put out something half decent. :D

I'd rather they released a new studio album every three years instead of doing those pseudo history tours with hardly any surprises in their setlists.

Well you may not approve of that but you're not in charge of what Bruce does.
Well, at least we got Rod Smallwood, who probably has enough sense to realize that Maiden should not wait so long with studio efforts. They are no Metallica, they are no Priest, they are no Kiss, they are no Sabbath, and -thank God- they are no Guns'n'Roses. There's more than touring. They are the energetic and creative band called Iron Maiden. If they do not want to be associated with other (sometimes cabaret) acts, they've got to continue by doing what they preach.

I am confident it will be 2014. No excuse for 2015 (there are some, but they are more of the dramatic kind, e.g. like something that happened with Neil Peart). Time enough to do other things; both now and when the band is over.

Mosh, I can't disagree with you, when you say I can't change their course (I do not even want to do something against the band's own will), but I surely can comment on it, even if such commentary is not very important. ;)

Before we get angry about them releasing something in 2015, why not wait and see if they release something in 2014?

Their attitude seems quite paradoxal to me. Indeed, they tour each year, but for a very short period, and they all say that they don't want to do extensive tours anymore. So touring is not really an excuse for not writing and releasing new albums more often. Meanwhile, Steve and Adrian apparently want to keep busy doing music (Steve even saying that he has launched British Lion to have something when the other guys in Maiden don't wan to do as much as before). So my guess is there is a kind of compromise beetween the band members, and a business plan, Maiden trying to be active but not saturate the market.
As for the new stuff, I completly agree with Forostar. Four years is too long a period, five years is just ridiculous.

Would love to see a new album. However, while im a huge prog rock/metal fan, it would be great to see some shorter/moderate length songs mixed in alongside a longer epic. Characteristic of POM thru 7th Son era.

I suspect this is part of the reason Maiden still exists ... band members (not just Bruce) have other stuff they want to do and if Maiden were a full time commitment, they probably would not be around at all anymore. I am as anxious as anyone for a new album ... especially given the quality of the past 2. But I am also happy they are still around and touring and coming out with new material that is as good as it has been.

That said, 2014 would seem to make sense, the Maiden England deal is winding down and if they maintain their recent pattern, 2014 would be time for a new record and a tour featuring post-2000 material.

Back