NOW WATCHING

Just got back from Red Tails.

The graphics are 100% incredible. Some clips were poorly done, but the vast majority of the graphics were 100% realistic. Filming in 48 fps makes a huge difference there. Usually, even great CG seems "too smooth", but the 48 fps seems to smooth out everything equally.

I could not tell you when the CG ended in that film.

The story was as expected. Stock plus the added racism aspect. The acting was really, really good in most instances, and it's quite the inspiring tale.

Want to see Red Tails, interesting subject and the effects look good.

Working thought DS9, in Season 6, the Dominion War story ark was fantastic, as was the Morn episode. But Far beyond the Stars might have been one of the best Sci Fi episodes ever.

I just rewatched Far Beyond the Stars last night. Avery Brooks is a fantastic actor, and his passion comes out on race issues.

I am note sure if you have seen the documentary "Captains", it was pretty interesting, namely the parts with Avery Brooks (who really comes across as a bit of a nut job at first glance, but there is certainly a passion behind it), after watching that documentary, I see his acting in an entirely different light.

He is a little nutty, in that he has a certain passion for certain subjects. Captains was really quite awesome, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Saw Red Tails today, a good film. The effects were really good. The story was told in the genre of a 1940s/50s WWII film, perhaps corny, but I enjoyed it.

The Grey. Totally absorbing man versus nature movie. Explores inner demons as well as the obvious outside threats and that is most welcome in a movie of this ilk. I fucking loved it: 4/5.

I recently saw The Exorcist and Case 39. Both horror/thrillers, both scared me senseless but I'm not good with horror movies at all (when I saw The Ring I had to sleep with the light on for a week and I still get jumpy when I see static on a TV). The Exorcist I think is better than Case 39, just as far as suspense and overall artsiness of the movie goes. But I'm not a good judge of horror movies.

I recently saw The Exorcist and Case 39. Both horror/thrillers, both scared me senseless but I'm not good with horror movies at all (when I saw The Ring I had to sleep with the light on for a week and I still get jumpy when I see static on a TV). The Exorcist I think is better than Case 39, just as far as suspense and overall artsiness of the movie goes. But I'm not a good judge of horror movies.

The Exorcist is my favorite movie AND book. FUCKING AWESOME. Best Horror movie EVER... EVER. I used to be a huge Horror movie buff, but in recent years I have lost interest. Mainly because newer movie equate horror with gore, but also, because most suck ass. Of recent memory only the Descent comes to mind as a legitimate good movie. But just like the Blair Witch project spawned a ton of crappier shaky cam movies, The Exorcist's legacy is still strong and specially in recent years its people have tried to recapture the magic. From the prequel, The Exorcist: The Beginning, to The Exorcism of Emily Rose and just a few months ago, The Devil Inside... exorcism movies are very popular.

The Exorcist is the best for many reasons. It was the first movie regarding the subject matter, considering the time it was made in the pacing, the special effects, etc, are unbelievable and have aged incredibly. Not to mention the idea that the bad guy isn't some alien or monster, but a possessed girl in suburban D.C.

The Devil Inside ended up being a good movie. It uses the "found footage/shaky cam" well and it has a good twist... at least I thought so. I recommend it. I love the Paranormal Activity movies, mainly because they trigger my PTSD, the guy did his research and it shows. I hate that they always have to have a douchey character that never listens to the experts and taunts the ghost, but other than that, good movies. I prefer those to the "oh I am evil because I kill scores of teenagers for no reason!" movies.

Went to see Phantom Menace 3D over the weekend, not a huge fan of 3D in general, but thought they did a good job in general on this, there was only one brief moment during the pod race where the 3D was jolting. Looking forward to the other 5 movies, if anything to be able to see them on the big screen again.

Went to see Phantom Menace 3D over the weekend, not a huge fan of 3D in general, but thought they did a good job in general on this, there was only one brief moment during the pod race where the 3D was jolting. Looking forward to the other 5 movies, if anything to be able to see them on the big screen again.

I REFUSE to watch ANY of the prequels. I'm done promoting those pieces of shit. I'm wating for Episodes IV-VI.

I REFUSE to watch ANY of the prequels. I'm done promoting those pieces of shit. I'm wating for Episodes IV-VI.

Agree with your feelings on the prequels. Absolute garbage but I won't be going to see the originals in 3D either. These movies have been tampered with enough by that cocktard Lucas. I just can't sit through more abuse to these classics :(

I'm on the fence about it... I remember watching the first re-releases in 97 and it was awesome. I grew up watching the trilogy on thanksgiving on USA network so to be able to see them on the big screen was epic for me at 13. So.... I'm hoping for that, but you're right, I might cry when I see an ewok blink and they won't be tears of joy.

Back