Bring Your Daughter… …To the Slaughter

How good is Bring Your Daughter... ...To the Slaughter on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
This song is creepy as all hell, with a vicious solo by Janick and the tension just builds further as the song nears it's climax. And the final chord in the song just sounds evil! It may have been a number 1 single for Maiden, but it's managed to become one of their most terribly neglected songs. I really hope this one finds it's way back into their live setlist soon.  B)

Wow, this album is bordering on a dumpster fire at this point. The best part though is that it's still better than most bands' best.
Hey, the previous version of this song was on the Nightmare on Elm Street 5 soundtrack. It has that going for it.
Unlike the Assassin and Hooks in you, at least this song has a silly, fun quality to it. I can't stop thinking of Freddy Krueger.
6/10 because it's slightly better than the other two crap songs on this album.

The song that for some reason defines the whole album for me. It's dark and gritty, but at the same time quite silly and funny.
The song is simple but effective. I like the verse and the chorus, and the solo is intense. My favorite part of the song is the bridge and I love how it builds up to the last chorus, great songwriting right there Bruce!

Really want to see this one live, history tour part 4 maybe? ;)

8/10

I'd give it an 8. Catchy throughout, with a great solo followed by the defining moment of the entire album for me.

Rankings:

Previous Albums:

Iron Maiden - 6.67

8 - Prowler
6 - Sanctuary
7 - Remember Tomorrow
6 - Running Free
9 - Phantom Of The Opera
7 - Transylvania
4 - Strange World
6 - Charlotte The Harlot
7 - Iron Maiden

Killers - 5.91

6 - The Ides Of March
6 - Wrathchild
6 - Murders In The Rue Morgue
5 - Another Life
5 - Genghis Khan
5 - Innocent Exile
8 - Killers
5 - Prodigal Son
8 - Purgatory
6 - Twilight Zone
5 - Drifter

The Number Of The Beast - 7.56

6 - Invaders
7 - Children Of The Damned
8 - The Prisoner
7 - 22 Acacia Avenue
9 - The Number Of The Beast
10 - Run To The Hills
6 - Gangland
5 - Total Eclipse
10 - Hallowed Be Thy Name

Piece Of Mind - 7.44

8 - Where Eagles Dare
9 - Revelations
9 - Flight Of Icarus
7 - Die With Your Boots On
8 - The Trooper
7 - Still Life
6 - Quest For Fire
6 - Sun And Steel
7 - To Tame A Land

Powerslave - 6.75

8 - Aces High
7 - 2 Minutes To Midnight
3 - Loss Fer Words
7 - Flash Of The Blade
5 - The Duellists
6 - Back In The Village
9 - Powerslave
9 - Rime Of The Ancient Mariner

Somewhere In Time - 8.00

8 - Caught Somewhere In Time
9 - Wasted Years
8 - Sea Of Madness
8 - Heaven Can Wait
8 - The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
7 - Stranger In A Strange Land
8 - Deja Vu
8 - Alexander The Great

Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son - 8.25

7 - Moonchild
9 - Infinite Dreams
9 - Can I Play With Madness
9 - The Evil That Men Do
10 - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
6 - The Prophecy
8 - The Clairvoyant
8 - Only The Good Die Young

No Prayer For The Dying

6 - Tailgunner
6 - Holy Smoke
8 - No Prayer For The Dying
7 - Public Enema Number One
7 - Fates Warning
7 - The Assassin
6 - Run Silent Run Deep
8 - Hooks In You
8 - Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter

Terrible lyrics, yes, but a fun song musically, with some fun soloing too. Better than most of the album, certainly.
7/10

Very enjoyable song. It's creepy, which suits the song very good, Janicks solo is very good and I like the aaa--aa--aa part and the guitar playing behind it. The song also improves live, I wouldn't mind seeing it live this year.

8/10

7/10

The dramatic opening chords of Bring Your Daughter…To The Slaughter could be the opening for any song by AC/DC. Oddly enough, this was a solo song written entirely by Bruce and released on the soundtrack from A Nightmare on Elm Street 37. Steve liked it and the band rerecorded it for inclusion on No Prayer for the Dying. It’s a very strange track for Maiden that relies on a cheeky, pretty silly central rhyme and hook, but it’s actually a lot of fun. The overall tone of the song feels very classic rock-influenced, except for the experimental bridge where dozens of Bruces chant into the night. It’s a weird bit of madness, but an enjoyable one.

Fine song, Bruce is a little rough here, but better than the original. 6/10.

I think it's better live.

This one is actually better than I remember. Has a bit of an AC/DC vibe but slightly better than the other AC/DC Maiden song. The bridge is very cool and clearly built for the live stage.

This is a pretty dark song with pretty dark lyrics. Not Maiden's best, by a long shot, but quite enjoyable! I find it to be pretty underrated, actually. Some argue that Bruce's "Nightmare On Elm Street" original version sounds better than Maiden's, but I wholeheartedly disagree; Bruce's version sounds too shy and underdeveloped. Maiden's version is a vast improvement. The guitars are the standouts in it, they just sound fucking crazy! Awesome shit, especially live. 8.

The lyrics might not be the best like in most of this album, but they fit better than in other tracks, and the whole song is entertaining and good fun live. 7/10

Back