Die With Your Boots On

How good is Die With Your Boots On on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Die With Your Boots On

Catchy stuff, but nothing incredible. I think it's a pretty good song and thus will give it a 7.

Cool solos, catchy riffs and chorus, with an awesome section in between the solos. And to think this is only my 5th favourite song off the album (and Piece of Mind isn't even in my top 3 Albums!)

8/10

It's a very underrated song, far better than Icarus and on par with The Trooper.  Good lyrics, very energetic, catchy chorus.  I give it what seems to have become my standard number for good 4-minute songs: 8.

7. Good song. What puts it in the second tier of Maiden songs for me is the pre-chorus and chorus. I never liked it that much. Hate the "gang" vocal part and bruce's delivery on the main chorus never did it for me.

A 7. It's a good song, has a nice message and a rather unconventional chorus which I sometimes love, and sometimes not.

8. Great sarcastic lyrics (Bruce's first in that style), different approach on the chorus with very present backing vocals and once again a destroyer instrumental section with a devastating solo by Davey's.

7/10. Good song, not spectacular. But like Jeff says, I like the irony in the lyrics.

LooseCannon said:
Thanks for doing the polls, folks. I'm really looking forward to getting more data to play with. My 2008 numbers have finally been crunched and are up in the Commentary forum.

Where exactly?

Nice fuzztone riff, good energy and some catchy basswork. It’s got a decent melody, but the Maidenesque flourishes don’t quite disguise the fact that it’s a fairly routine composition. I like it, but less than I used to. An eight, for the poll, but really more of a 7.5.

We can discuss the rankings in the rankings thread ;)

8/10. Really underrated song. Some clever chord changes in there, and a structure with some variety. Concisely packed together, like NotB.

It was a 10 when I heard it live and it is 10 now.  I love the energy of the guitars, bass and Bruce.  The actual composition is fairly simple, but that's probably what makes it great live and provides an easy boost of energy.

After The Trooper, for me the best song on side A. Indeed, the energy bursts from the first second with these awesome guitar riffs which are at the same time a harmony. At the 3 minute mark the song gets more interesting. A bright shining solo by Dave and then this dark harmony, in which Adrian plays the very low tones. First in unison with Dave, then alone, just like in Purgatory. Only he can play like this. This style of playing is a recognizable H trademark.

Overall, I'd say the rating is an 8,5 -> 9.

One of the best solos in maiden catalog. The opening riffs, the solos and its overall sound, define the Maiden trademark of the golden era. 8/10

Underrated song, gives energy, riffs are so nice. The word "die" is a little overused but I will give it an 8.

Oh yeah, this is a great one. It has everything that a true classic needs to have: A great and catchy riff, great vocals, great lyrics, a great live number, great energy and a particularly memorable solo. It's one step short of "killer" though, so it's 'only' 9/10.

6 out of 10... Ho Hum... I remember seeing the name of this cut on the back of the album when I first bought it and thinking that a song with a name as cool as that was going to be an ass kicker. I was wrong... it gets skipped over pretty regularly...

Back