1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where have you been?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Forostar, Oct 25, 2013.

1. JudasMyGuide

JudasMyGuide Domini canis

I definitely get that sentiment. In my case it's more about where my parents wanted to go when I was younger and what countries me and my wife have agreed upon and had the chance to visit now when I'm older. Most of the countries I've mentioned I would like to see again; with France, Italy, Spain and Greece it's pretty much necessary, even though I've been to France and Italy more than once. I have also visited Croatia, Austria, Slovakia and Germany multiple times.
    Me and my wife also usually discover countries on our own, with only a printed map and basic phrases helping us; you usually really get a gist of the place in two days or less this way :D

The only country I really don't feel the need to visit again in the foreseeable future is Monaco - me and my wife have spend a whole day there on foot (which is more than enough, IMHO)... and it's nice but too crowded and the memories I have now are really enough. I'm not saying "never", it's just I don't really miss it.

2. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

They are definitely right about visiting Kotor being a life changing experience :D:(

Brigantium likes this.
  3. mirtilo

mirtilo Nomad

Spain - Barcelona
    Italy - Rome, Cività Vecchia, Savone, Vaticano
    Malta - Valeta
    Greece - Athens*, Heraklion
    Turkey - Izmir
    Sweden - Stockholm
    Norway - Bergen
    England - London
    France - Paris, Marseille
    Germany - Köln, Aachen
    Switzerland - Zurick

*When I was there in Athens, at the top of Acropolis, I turned off the headphones from my smartphone and listened to Alexander the Great out loud. One of the most glorious moments of my life :)

Forostar likes this.
  4. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

5. Sth2112

Sth2112 Nomad

Sweden
    Denmark
    UK
    The Netherlands
    Germany
    Greece
    Cyprus
    Czech republic
    Russia
    Thailand

6. Dityn DJ James

Dityn DJ James A coma stole my name.

* = I've lived there

USA
    *Alabama
    Florida
    Georgia
    Indiana
    Kentucky
    Maryland
    *Michigan
    Ohio
    Pennsylvania
    Tennessee
    Virginia
    West Virginia

7. Metal Warrior 330

Metal Warrior 330 Educated Fool

In order from my first to recent:
    Mexico
    Canada
    Saudi Arabia
    Greece
    England
    The Netherlands
    Germany
    Sri Lanka
    Belgium
    Austria
    Italy
    Switzerland
    France
    Egypt
    China

My home country is U.S.A

8. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

I can add Hong Kong to my list now

9. Metal Warrior 330

Hong Kong is a very beautiful city. I got stuck there during a visa transfer because my company sent the wrong papers but I made the most of it when I was there. Fortunately they sent the right ones and everything worked out so I could go back to Hangzhou. My favorite places in Hong Kong are Wan Chai and Kowloon.

10. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

I was basically there for a day .. .went to Disneyland and Kowloon ... cool city, but having seafood allergies .. I had some dining issues

11. Metal Warrior 330

My brother also has seafood allergies. I don't have allergies to food but I have severe allergies to pollen and dust. The pollen factor is really bad here in Jinhua. Sometimes it affects my breathing

12. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

• Montenegro - ?x before independence, 3x since independence
    • Croatia - at least 6x (lost count)
    • Greece - 4x
    • Austria - 2x
    • Bosnia & Herzegovina - 1x
    • Bulgaria - 1x
    • Hungary - 1x
    • Italy - 1x
    • Macedonia - 1x
    • Vatican - 1x

13. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Self-propelled artillery Staff Member

I thought in China that was called "smog" not "pollen"?

14. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

Update:
    • Turkey

Brigantium likes this.
  15. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

Smog might be a censored word out there. ;)

16. Albie

Albie Keeping an open eye on the Weeping Angels.

Well, as I'm from the UK I should discount the three mainland countries. But I've never been to anywhere in Ireland.

Europe:
    France (loads of times)
    Belgium (quite a few)
    Netherlands
    Germany
    Switzerland
    Italy (again, quite a few times)
    Spain (only some of the islands)
    Greece (mainland and islands, including a 7 month stay in Corfu)
    Albania (for 2 minutes, sort of illegally - took a speed boat to Greek mainland from Corfu right on the Greece/Albanian border and we wondered accros along the coast line get briefly)
    Going to Corfu I took a train across Europe, coming back I took the Magic Bus and both these journeys were the only reason I visited Switzerland so I only passed through twice.

Africa:
    Kenya
    South Africa (twice)

Both African visits were pretty magical for me, especially Kenya. I f'ing love Africa.

US
    Florida

Forostar likes this.
  17. Metal Warrior 330

Honestly, that too especially in Novemeber.

18. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

DSCF5547JPG.jpg DSCF5482JPG.jpg DSCF5341JPG.jpg DSCF5274JPG.jpg 20161019_113630.jpg 20161018_114712.jpg 20161017_181141.jpg 20161016_130609.jpg 20161017_150433.jpg 20161018_174845.jpg

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  19. Maturin

Maturin Sköldpadda

Nice! Was in Edinburgh this August as well. Probably going back next year again. Mostly stayed around Old Town though. The view from Calton Hill is amazing though, isn't it?

20. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

O yes! I stayed in Leith (north Edinburgh). The old city was easily reached from there. But there's much more to see without travelling far. Spent one and a half day sightseeing in Edinburgh and the rest seeing abbey/palace/castle ruins (some of which were Outlander & Monty Python locations ;-) ), some nice bridges over the Forth and the Wallace Monument (freedom!).

CriedWhenBrucieLeft likes this.