THE WORST SONG EVER - WOT WE DO WINS!

Satisfied?

• Total voters
Winners:
Y&T - All American Boys
Van Halen - Loss of Control

New Songs:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Light is just a wankfest instrumental and the worst song on its album, but it definitely shouldn't be in this game. Also, Spirit Of The Times is awesome and whoever nominated it is crazy! :p So I'm voting for other 2 songs.

Metallica - This is Metallica at their worst. It takes some doing to be the worst song on an album like St. Anger.
Stratovarius - As this game is dedicated to the bad songs of good bands and I don't think Stratovarius is a good band, it's illogical for me to vote for this one.

Vote goes to: #1

Iced Earth - Same as Stratovarius.
Led Zeppelin - This song is not bad at all. Pretty nice, calm, acoustic piece.

Vote goes to: Nobody

I get why the Strato song was nominated, but the Metallica song is the only really bad song in the game.
The other two are fine.

I can't actually see any of those videos. Is Spirit of the Times in this, and if so, why?

The Metallica song is awful. Every once in awhile I'll see someone making fun of the St Anger drum sound/production and think "oh it's not that bad"; then I listen to a song from it and remember that yes, it is that bad.

Stratovarious was boring but this is a no brainer.

What's worse than a Sons of Liberty song? Current Iced Earth covering a Sons of Liberty song. :puke:Vocals on the verses are so bad.

Going To California is one of my favorite Zep songs.

Very easy round.

All Within My Hands make me sad how far Metallica fell, but Purify literally makes me mad. The same band that produced, in my opinion, the greatest metal song ever, has also given to us perhaps one of the worst "songs" in general I have ever listened to. It's just disheartening and I'm so glad that they recovered.

What's worse than a Sons of Liberty song? Current Iced Earth covering a Sons of Liberty song. :puke:Vocals on the verses are so bad.
Did you honestly ever listen to a SoL song or you're just basing your opinion on the lyrical subjects of the band?

I listened to an EP they did around the time Dystopia came out. I don't care about the lyrics, I'm not sure where that comes from. I'm not even sure what this particular song is about, though I remember there being one song where Jon is chanting something about the Feds.

Edit: Just skimmed through some SoL tracks and I can't find it. But from revisiting them it really just sounds like second rate Iced Earth to the already second rate (current) Iced Earth. The lame lyrical content doesn't bug me too much but it definitely doesn't help either.

Last edited:
The Stratovarius song is bad, but the Metallica song is so terrible that it could win the whole thing.

Iced Earth, yeah enough has been said about it. Led Zeppelin I find boring, but it's not offensive like some of the songs here.

Votes: Metallica and Iced Earth

1 and 4.

Purify is godawful. It deserves to win overall. Holy Light is a touch generic, but not terrible.

I still can't be persuaded that Spirit of the Times is a bad song, and I'm rarely a fan of slow ones :p I hear it in the context of Plagues of Babylon, not the Sons of Liberty project. Vocals sound slightly wavery in the first verse, but otherwise pretty good, strong in the chorus. I don't have a problem with lyrics - could be understood as anyone standing up to any form of injustice, and not badly crafted lyrics at all. Musically it has that trademark Iced Earth power behind it (okay, slightly stock) and some nice buildup.

Here's the Sons of Liberty version: sounds far weaker in my book ;) More about the message than the music.

Zeppelin get my vote. Not a terrible song either, just slightly twee.

Winners:
Metallica - Purify
Iced Earth - Spirit of the Times

New Songs:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Body Language - Not a very good song but could be worse I suppose. Hot Space is one of those albums that is pretty bad as a whole, but when you pull individual songs out it's not quite as offensive.

Asshole - This song has to make the finals. The awfulness speaks for itself. I know I don't really like Helloween in the first place, but this is bad even for them. I wouldn't vote for a song like Keeper of the Seven Keys or Victim of Fate, for example.

X In Sex - This song isn't very good but it's kinda catchy. Pretty much what I'd expect from a "bonus song".

Ronnie - This song also isn't very good but it has some nice riffing. Vocals and vocal melodies are awful though.

Neither of these songs are offensively bad but Ronnie gets my vote.

Really the only truly bad song imo is Asshole.

Body Language - This is actually pretty bad. I don't really like anything and the vocals are pretty cringe-worthy at points.
Asshole - This song is so terrible that is transcends everything else before it (except for possibly Purify). Now, I love Helloween but they really have released some stinkers over the years *cough Chameleon* and Asshole has nothing that can even come close to redeeming the song.
X in Sex - Yeah this really does sound like a mediocre bonus song. It is catchy though.
Ronnie - I don't even like the riffing. Vocals are bad as well but at least it's not offensively bad.

Votes: Asshole and Ronnie

Back