THE WORST SONG EVER - WOT WE DO WINS!

Satisfied?

• Total voters
I Just Wanna Rock: So many things wrong with this song. I'm not sure what was worse: the generic riff, the weird vocodor vocals, or the mindless wanky solo. Satriani is a great guitarist but I feel like his songwriting can be pretty spotty at times. This is a good example of that and also why I can only take his solo work in small doses.

How Many Say I: Ah the infamous Van Halen III. I actually like a good chunk of this album and thought it was really interesting hearing EVH tackle vocals on something. Quickly after I learned why he doesn't sing much. :p Although I think the thing that really ruins this song are the atrocious vocal harmonies from Gary Cherone. Yikes. I think the song has a couple things going for it though, it has an alright melody and I do enjoy Ed's piano playing. It slightly takes the edge over Satriani.

Breadline: This song isn't too bad, not really what I want to hear from Megadeth but it's catchy and inoffensive. I'm not rushing out to give Risk a spin, but this song isn't too bad.

Tai Shan: Yet another infamously bad song. This album in general was such a misstep that culminates in this clusterfuck of a song. Lyrically, musically, production wise, so many things wrong with this. Definitely deserves a place in the game, although I think there are some worse Rush tracks.

I was really ready to vote for Satriani, because I find that song unbearably lame and pathetic, but Van Halen's number was absolute garbage. I can't believe I listened to even half of it. At least I can chuckle at the Satch song.

Neither song in the second pairing is terrible, but I actually enjoy Breadline. Sorry, Geddy.

The Satriani one would be okay if it wasn't for all the screwing around with the vocals. That Van Halen one sounds like the cast of Les Miserables nearing the end of a lengthy night on the piss. Unless I'm not listening hard enough, Breadline is just dull, above all. Tai Shan is cringeworthy.
And Rush :p

Last edited:
I actually love Breadline. I think it's a great song. Maybe not a great "Megadeth song" but a well-written song with great melodies.

Satriani - Horribly generic, I think the vocals are done in order to avoid being so but they just make it worse.
Van Halen - I felt like killing myself.

Vote goes to: #2

Megadeth - Pretty fun song. Could've been executed better.
Rush - Could barely stay awake.

Vote goes to: #4

Winners:
How Many Say I - Van Halen
Tai Shan - Rush

New Songs:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(In case there is confusion from the video title, the song is called Loss of Control)

Get Down Make Love - I don't have a problem with this song, not sure why it's here. It's not great but it has some nice moments.

All American Boy - My experience with Y&T is pretty limited but what I've heard from them hasn't been very good. That said, this isn't particularly bad. Seems like your average glam metal song, and I actually kinda like the guitar work here.

Neither of these songs are bad, I'll vote for the Queen though.

Loss of Control - One of my all time least favorite Van Halen songs, of any era. I was never a huge fan of Van Halen's more aggressive side and this is no exception. The falsetto backing vocals are cringeworthy here. This is the sorta thing I'd expect from a bunch of kids screwing around in their garage, not Van Halen. The only saving grace is that it's short.

Staying Power - That's more like it. Some actually bad Queen. The entire Hot Space album is a mess. I don't mind 80s pop and I don't mind things drenched in synthesizers, I love that stuff really. But it just didn't work for Queen. The entire thing just sounds forced. That said, it's not nearly as bad as the Van Halen, that gets my vote.

I was just about to say 'what an awful collection of songs' when I realised this was the Worst Song survivor. :facepalm:

Reactions: RTC
Both of the Queen songs are pretty lame, but the Van Halen one is truly horrible and that Y&T is so generic and features my biggest rock music pet peeve: rock bands singing about being in rock bands and how hard they rock.

Y&T is so generic and features my biggest rock music pet peeve: rock bands singing about being in rock bands and how hard they rock.

But it's gotta be better, it's 'MURICAN!

All American Boy is fine, but it's not offensively bad. Get Down Make Love is a bit worse so gets my vote.
Loss of Control is utter rubbish, Staying Power is rubbish as well, but just a little better.

I'm with Mosh on Queen and Knick on Y&T, not that Mosh is wrong on the latter. It's just I'm a big Y&T fan and this was their sell-out moment.

I thing the VH song is kind of fun, for exactly the reasons Mosh doesn't like it.
Hot Space should have been called Hot Mess. Horrible stuff.

I'm with Mosh on Queen and Knick on Y&T, not that Mosh is wrong on the latter. It's just I'm a big Y&T fan and this was their sell-out moment.
So what's the good Y&T? :p I have Ten and found pretty much all of it forgettable. Honestly this was the first Y&T song I actually liked!

"Get Down Make Love" isn't very good, but at least Freddy has more personality than Y&T.

Forgettable Van Halen vs genuinely stinky Queen. This time Freddy can't save the song.

2 and 3.

I actually like "Get Down Make Love". "Staying Power" at least has some kind of dance groove, however lame; the Van Halen song has absolutely nothing at all.

2 and 3. I didn't mind the first Queen one at all, it's just...different. Staying Power isn't to my liking at all, but Loss of Control is really awful. Y&T aren't appalling by any means, but get my vote for blandness.

Back