The Next Album (expectations / desires)

Lol, Deano. I don't know if you're serious or not :)
Anyway, I'm 20 years old, from Israel. I said it on another thread, I think :)

I hope the new album will be a mixture of powerfull proggresive songs and catchy rockers like in the 80's.
I don't see a reason for Maiden to abndon their current style, as i love it, but i also want some songs to "headbang" to, if you will.
The only song from AMOLAD like that is the opening track, and that's the only thing that bothers me about the album.

Even so, and album just as good as AMLOAD in the same style will also be awesome.

megadeoxys said:
Even so, and album just as good as AMLOAD in the same style will also be awesome.
I don't know. I think another album like this would be too sleepy. I want a more lively album, with shouting guitars and vocals and loud, fun and heavy metal numbers.

I think another concept album would be interesting. It would be great if they brought back the keyboards and majestic atmosphere of Brave New World, kept the long instrumental interludes from AMOLAD and brought back the anthemic choruses of their early days. Nothing quite as long or as overtly theatrical as, say, Priest's latest, but maybe something in that general direction.

The only song from AMOLAD like that is the opening track, and that's the only thing that bothers me about the album.

Lord Of Light? It's dark, fast and heavy, especially live.

Lol, Deano. I don't know if you're serious or not

Truth is pilau, I don't know if I was serious or not either. I've been flying around the world for the last 2 weeks and have been drinking at most of my stops. Add the jet lag and not ever knowing what day or time it is and there you go. Wish one of the stops would have been Isreal though, never been there and would love to.

Lord of Light (abbreviated LoL, lol! :p) is one of Maiden's most heavy metal, gut-busting, face-melting and head-banging numbers ever. Ever!

And @Deano: Wow, I am so jealous of you! This one of the things I want to accomplish in life: a world-spanning tour. Why were you flying all around?

LooseCannon said:
Dean's a Gunnery Sergeant in the USMC, which means work takes him all about.

Your'e in the artillery, Dean? What a coincidence, me too! But what does gunnery have to do with flying all around?

Zare said:
Lord Of Light? It's dark, fast and heavy, especially live.

Are you mental?
I didnt mean head banging like that, i meant catchy songs like aces high and such.
you know, along the lines of the 80's short rockers.

pilau said:
Your'e in the artillery, Dean? What a coincidence, me too! But what does gunnery have to do with flying all around?

Gunnery Sergeant is a rank, pilau, not a position.  It's equivalent to "Sergeant First Class" in pay grade.

I am a communicator primarily pilau. Of course every Marine is also a rifleman, so you could say I dabble in infantry as well. Much more of the former than the latter however. Closest I've been to Isreal was Jordan, but I was very, very close.

megadeoxys said:
Are you mental?
I didnt mean head banging like that, i meant catchy songs like aces high and such.
you know, along the lines of the 80's short rockers.

I think Lord of Light has a couple of parts that are just in the vein of the fast and furious 80's songs; from 1:39 to 3:00 could be part of a song from, say, Powerslave or Somewhere in Time. The solo part of the song is also catchy as fuck, especially the rhythm section behind Dave's solo and until the chorus starts again.

Eddies Wingman said:
I think Lord of Light has a couple of parts that are just in the vein of the fast and furious 80's songs; from 1:39 to 3:00 could be part of a song from, say, Powerslave or Somewhere in Time. The solo part of the song is also catchy as fuck, especially the rhythm section behind Dave's solo and until the chorus starts again.

Meh, i guess you have some point there.
Still, i want a more rockers.

Deano, make sure when you get here, call me ;)

Eddies Wingman said:

You are so right! I never thought of the part accompanying dave's solo like that before!
I think the part behind H's solo fits the FOTD style. What do you think

pilau said:
I think the part behind H's solo fits the FOTD style. What do you think

When you say it ... yes, it might in fact remind me a bit of the intro to The Fugitive! I'm not sure that means it follows the general style of the FOTD album, but maybe. My main point was, anyway, that the rhythm behind Dave's solo and the bars following it really rocks your socks off  :D

I was listening to The Number of the Beast the other day and it occurred to me that some spoken intros like they did for The Prisoner and such wouldn't be a bad idea on the next album. I kind of miss them...

Back