The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's seen those Download and Sonisphere crowds, the sort of audience that goes off for a chat and to throw some cans at people while Dave and Adrian are doing their Seventh Son guitaristry

Funnily enough, Bruce can be seen in the audience on a live DVD from The Who (recorded at the Royal Albert Hall). Guess what? He was sitting down, although he stood up at the end of the song to clap…

You know Bruce likes lively crowds and it's not surprising he said something. But this crowd reaction should have been expected.

I know Maiden goes about their business and they do what they do and I respect that. I really wasn't expecting they might do something special but considering this was by far the biggest USA audience they've played to since the 80's and knowing it wasn't necessarily going to be an all-Maiden crowd you would think they could at least be arsed to play the only fucking hit song they had in this country for this one-of-a-kind event :lol:

I was mostly referring to Bruce's solo project, and of course Maiden touring as well and we might get some exciting news towards the end of the year about what's next, unless the Future Past goes for a third year.

At this point nothing is confirmed when it comes to Maiden tour dates, but South & North American tour seems very plausible at least.

Some don't rule out more European dates and/or even Australia and Japan, but we'll see about that....

So, in a nutshell, we'll have a new Bruce Dickinson album and a tour and also Maiden touring somewhere and possibly some news about the future, so I think it's going to be another amazing Maiden year. :)
I think Nicko's health issues may have had them change there plans a little.
I would be very surprised to see them squeeze in Europe, Australia, NZ, Asia, North and South America in a small 4 month window, thats pretty demanding.
North and South America with very little travel seems the more likely but we shall see.

Full show, great audio. The guitars sound so crunchy.

Well, watching the show... Lots of things went wrong. Especially during Hell On Earth.

Before "All you have been..." part it seems like H completely loses IEMs and Sean services the reciever. And afterwards Pooch has a nightmare and forgets to turn up Bruce. Janick also made a lot of mistakes in lead lines during that song.

I've read quite a few comments about people bitching and moaning how awful the set was, and how they totally lost the crowd because no one knew any of the songs ahahaha. Basically every song the casual fan might they didnt play.

I've read quite a few comments about people bitching and moaning how awful the set was, and how they totally lost the crowd because no one knew any of the songs ahahaha. Basically every song the casual fan might they didnt play.
Of course we knew this would happen. As I stated earlier this was the wrong set and tour for this kind of festival in the USA. LOTB would have gone over much better. They may never be too concerned about it but being an American I care about how they are perceived in the States, dammit :lol:

I would say if they dropped Celts and move Hell to that slot, play Beast and RTTH instead of Prisoner and Madness, and put Hallowed in the encore the casuals would have loved it.

Of course we knew this would happen. As I stated earlier this was the wrong set and tour for this kind of festival in the USA. LOTB would have gone over much better. They may never be too concerned about it but being an American I care about how they are perceived in the States, dammit :lol:

Game, set, and match for AC/DC!

What a setlist!

Man, people weren't kidding when pointing out how lifeless the crowd was. Must be frustrating for a band like Maiden who really feed of the energy of the crowd to get nothing back. At least Rod can be happy about the payment, I suppose :D

Must be frustrating for a band like Maiden who really feed of the energy of the crowd to get nothing back. At least Rod can be happy about the payment, I suppose :D

Honestly, judging by the videos, I think they seemed quite chill and somewhat amused of it all. :D Gigantic paycheck but no real pressure to be the headliner/the face of the whole festival. Just go there, deliver one last performance of this very special set for this year, get paid well and that's it.

I understand @Iron Lurker's point about them kind of just winging it instead of trying to make most out of the opportunity to expand their popularity in the States and maybe expand the Maiden business there altogether, but I also like their (seemingly) super chill and honest "we've got absolutely nothing left to prove at this point" approach to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back