The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Votes!

I have seen quite a few negative comments about the festival as such, organization, parking, sound etc.
Perhaps many would have returned home unenthusiastic, no matter if Maiden had played a few other songs or not.

I feel like Futureal should make a comeback in the setlist considering the time traveling theme going on.

I think it's about time to get the speculation around possible setlist changes for 2024 underway. I mean, Futureal was all but confirmed for this year, so maybe next year it's there... ;)

In any case, now that Power Trip is done, we can officially enter the Phase 4 of the Setlist speculation cycle! It has lost some of it's relevance though, as ATG speculation is history now.

Phase 4
*The initial leg of the tour is over and the speculation for songs that will be dropped/replaced for the next leg starts taking rounds
*ATG speculation takes another round, this time almost entirely joke-based, but several serious thoughts about the song having a chance to be played in the future occur here and there
*Since the main set is more or less confirmed to remain as it was, the off-topic speculation, memes, jokes and almost paranoiac fears for the most interesting songs to be dropped for whatever reasons (band messing it up once or twice, poor crowd reaction etc.) take countless rounds
* "I wouldn't be surprised if they..." (do something that definitely should surprise you if it happened)
*Long pauses in discussion may occur
*As the next leg draws closer, the discussion quickens up again, with Wrathchild joke(s) and song-dropping/replacement fears and speculations becoming very topical again; usually the suggested replacements don't even seem like a fit to the whatever speculated set is built around, or are a tad bit too random, meaning that there's no modern classic/cult/gem/fan- or band-favourite status or it has been just unrealistically too long since it was last played live to actually seem like something they'd rehearse between the legs, unless it's relatively simple song. Example: ATSS->NPFTD, The Clansman->The Longest Day or FTGGOG->The Legacy
*Sometimes the speculation of dropping/replacing songs ends up being correct, but that is usually already confirmed or strongly and clearly hinted by the official sources anyway and usually has something to do with band revisiting certain places they've already played during the previous leg.

I saw the whole concert that Randalf posted yesterday. and I saw Adrian stop playing and looking back to Nicko in a song. Could be Heaven Can Wait …I don't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back