The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be time for a post reunion album celebration tour too!
If they don't do a 50th anniv. tour in 2025/2026 (I think they will want to) or release a new album then (not sure about that), I can see the next (Hits) tour being a proper Reunion albums celebration. Only with IM and FOTD in the set wow. They are done with the History tours (I can't see them doing a 90's based tour), so it's possible. The stage set would be curious.

They did, but if I'm not mistaken it's just the regular footage from the screens. I miss an official recording like the one they did for En Vivo, with professional cameras and such.

And BTW, the versions released on YT of Icarus and RTTH from the 2018 tour (iirc both from Munchen) to me sound much better than the NOTD live album. Wish we get stuff like that on the future as bonuses or something.
I agree with everything.
IMO both studio versions sound fuller in the studio as they got lots of vocal layers. The vocals live sounded kind of forced and IMO plain and rough. The studio versions lack the punch and the live renditions lack the detail. I mean if the album mix was done in a different way...
I think the songs that could benefit the most from different production are the title track and Stratego. Oddly enough, they sound a bit different from the rest of the songs.
I agree that the Parchment in its' studio rendition is a snoozefest for the most part. However the youtube algorithm got me to versions of the song, along with others form the album where a 1% deviation in the speed can do wonders. IMO the problem is not the repetition of the parts but Nicko failing to lock into a groove.
Parchment doesn't need to be faster. Slower=mesmerizing feel. And Nicko's groove/drumming is great on the album. It's cool a bit faster too. The live version of it could be a bit faster. The only SJ studio song that could have been faster is Stratego imo. On TBOS, only Eternity and maybe Red And Black.
My point exactly! E.g. If eternity should fail live is around 50 sec shorted, for a total length of 8:20 ( and the intro and outro is fixed of a length more than 2+ minutes. I expect it to be really great live. I mean come on, people in here love the live version of The red and the black which IMO is rather bad.....
Every TBOS song sounds even better live imo (maybe without Death Or Glory).
A little surprised there's not a new statement/quotes (written by Rod,heh) about the tour with just a few days before the start.
Were there any such statements before the last tours? I've forgotten.
In having a think about it again, I think The Parchment will indeed be the second Senjutsu epic rather than Death of the Celts. I can picture Parchment working better with a crowd in my head now.
Celts is a live-ready song, though.

Last edited:
Been thinking of the setlist for days now, and one idea always comes to my mind: I have always had this fantasy of them opening concert with Alexander: just hearing “My son ask for…” would blow my mind right on the beginning. And actually what they wouldn’t open with Alexander? Chances are extremely low but this is a fantasy I’m really looking forward to experience this time.

EDIT: actually, the order of the songs and song choices actually aren’t that important to me as long as they play only two of my favorites: Alex and Hell.
Steve if you are reading this please include these two masterpieces.

I saw two stories (which I think they got deleted) with the stage in costruction. One was just the structure, no lights or anything, the other one had some of the lightning rig up (you can barely see it) and the lights still to be pulled up. That's as much as I can go with spoiler, time to mute social media.

-3!

Parchment doesn't need to be faster. And Nicko's groove/drumming is great on the album. The live version of it could be a bit faster. The only SJ studio song that could have been faster is Stratego imo. On TBOS, only Eternity and maybe Red And Black.
Oh but it does need to be this little bit faster. Try it. I did not say Nick is not playing good, I said it needs a bit more groove.
Every TBOS song sounds even better live imo (maybe without Death Or Glory).
I think both IESF and Book of Souls suffer cause the gutars do not play all the parts on the first one, and Adrian changes the solos too much on both live.

If they don't do a 50th anniv. tour in 2025/2026 (I think they will want to) or release a new album then (not sure about that), I can see the next (Hits) tour being a proper Reunion albums celebration. Only with IM and FOTD in the set wow. They are done with the History tours (I can't see them doing a 90's based tour), so it's possible. The stage set would be curious.
In terms of history tours, I think a 25th anniversary of Brave New World would be really cool. They already aired the Sign of the Cross and The Clansman combination, that would otherwise been the perfect opportunity to bring them back!

Ah, to spoil or not to spoil, that is the question. I have 4 weeks between opening night and my show.

Im 99% that they will play CSIT and Alexander. So it would be fun to not spoil and be delighted when I hear them live.

But but but, 4 weeks is a long time and I reckon I'll see a Youtube thumbnail spoiler or hear some cunt in the bar talk about the set right before the gig.

Then theres my 1% doubt over CSIT and Alex. If I go unspoiled and they don't get played I'll be waiting to hear them all night and possibly leave the gig with a trace of disappointment. I'd maybe rather know so I can make my peace with their absence and just enjoy whatever Maiden throw my way, as always.

Tough call. To go unspoiled and hear the intro to CSIT, well wouldn't that be an unmitigated delight?

Like Tevye, I have 3 days and then I must decide.

One thing I do know; they will not play Futureal. What the fuck was all that chat about? I kept seeing it mentioned as I scanned this thread for something of substance. My goodness, such foolishness.

In terms of history tours, I think a 25th anniversary of Brave New World would be really cool. They already aired the Sign of the Cross and The Clansman combination, that would otherwise been the perfect opportunity to bring them back!
No thanks. Especially BNW marked the beginning of many of their songs being overplayed and setlists became in big parts predictable and uninspired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back