The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, to spoil or not to spoil, that is the question. I have 4 weeks between opening night and my show.

Im 99% that they will play CSIT and Alexander. So it would be fun to not spoil and be delighted when I hear them live.

But but but, 4 weeks is a long time and I reckon I'll see a Youtube thumbnail spoiler or hear some cunt in the bar talk about the set right before the gig.

Then theres my 1% doubt over CSIT and Alex. If I go unspoiled and they don't get played I'll be waiting to hear them all night and possibly leave the gig with a trace of disappointment. I'd maybe rather know so I can make my peace with their absence and just enjoy whatever Maiden throw my way, as always.

Tough call. To go unspoiled and hear the intro to CSIT, well wouldn't that be an unmitigated delight?

Like Tevye, I have 3 days and then I must decide.

One thing I do know; they will not play Futureal. What the fuck was all that chat about? I kept seeing it mentioned as I scanned this thread for something of substance. My goodness, such foolishness.
You may chill, as none of those will be played :)

Poll - would you prefer a great setlist with dissapointing performance or a ‘meh’ setlist with one of the greatest performance in the past years?

I’d take a pisspoor performance of a setlist featuring Angel and the Gambler, Apparition, Invaders and every other “lesser” Maiden song if it meant I got to watch the boys again.

Poll - would you prefer a great setlist with dissapointing performance or a ‘meh’ setlist with one of the greatest performance in the past years?
Don't want to bring up Metallica in the main Maiden forum again, but one of the things I love about following them live is them constantly switching setlists up. I went down to Ft. Lauderdale last November for a tribute show where they only did songs from 1983-1984 with a majority of the songs (that I hadn't seen them do yet!) they haven't done the full arrangements of since they were first released. Good chunk of mess-ups and false starts, but I wouldn't trade the experience of that show for anything.

Ultimately, I care about the performance. With Maiden, I'd love to see them do a bunch of rarely-played songs, but, if they couldn't get the performance right and just barreled on through the year giving clumsy performances it'd probably just be a tour I would see once in Chicago and that's it. I'd greatly prefer them to recognize during rehearsals if something's just not working and cut it before opening night.

I think I’d prefer the meh setlist with a great performance. Wrathchild, Blood Brothers, Run to the Hills, Running Free, Fortunes of War, Senjutsu. As long as they were performed awesomely.

I’d be so sad if they did a super lame performance of amazing tracks like Infinite Dreams or Still Life.

Last edited:
... as long as they play only two of my favorites: Alex and Hell.
Those two (and Parchment) are mandatory for me.
Ι want the set list more than any other time in the past tours.
Me too.
In terms of history tours, I think a 25th anniversary of Brave New World would be really cool. They already aired the Sign of the Cross and The Clansman combination, that would otherwise been the perfect opportunity to bring them back!
I doubt they will ever do an anniversary tour for an album.
One thing I do know; they will not play Futureal. What the fuck was all that chat about? I kept seeing it mentioned as I scanned this thread for something of substance. My goodness, such foolishness.
The idea came from the tour poster. It's not that impossible, it's really short song.
No thanks. Especially BNW marked the beginning of many of their songs being overplayed and setlists became in big parts predictable and uninspired.
Their setlists were pretty predictable in the 90's.
Neither is gonna happen, so, no worries.
I agree.
I am really just looking forward to ending speculation and moving solidly into complaining about a set list that was never actually promised to us in any way aside from a general theme.
I doubt there will be many disappointed fans this time around. Unless if they don't play you know who...
Ultimately, I care about the performance. With Maiden, I'd love to see them do a bunch of rarely-played songs, but, if they couldn't get the performance right and just barreled on through the year giving clumsy performances it'd probably just be a tour I would see once in Chicago and that's it. I'd greatly prefer them to recognize during rehearsals if something's just not working and cut it before opening night.
This.

Don't want to bring up Metallica in the main Maiden forum again, but one of the things I love about following them live is them constantly switching setlists up. I went down to Ft. Lauderdale last November for a tribute show where they only did songs from 1983-1984 with a majority of the songs (that I hadn't seen them do yet!) they haven't done the full arrangements of since they were first released. Good chunk of mess-ups and false starts, but I wouldn't trade the experience of that show for anything.

I've often thought it would be cool if Maiden could do what Metallica does with their setlists. But the downside to what Metallica does if you do only get to see them once and you get a meh (for you) setlist. I was going to see Metallica several years ago at a stadium show and ultimately opted to save the $200 and not go. I saw the setlist that they played and was happy I didn't go.

I would have to find a way to get to multiple Maiden shows if they switched up their setlists. I would hate knowing they didn't play ATG at the show I went to but they played it next show, lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back