SYMPHONY X SURVIVOR 2015: Results -> The Odyssey wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
My opinions on some of these songs did change a little upon re-listening. Dressed To Kill is one that grew on me a bit, but I'm still not very high on it. Divine Wings, while still amazing, isn't quite as awesome as a lot of the other epics.

The Edge of Forever, The Accolade, and Communion & The Oracle are all phenomenal, and I have all three of them in my top 5.

I considered not voting for Absinthe for a split-second, but I thought better of it. I'm also voting for all of the debut, and I'm giving my 4th vote to Walls of Babylon.

I guess I would consider Electric Messiah a guilty pleasure, but I won't be very upset when it does go.

Dressed To Kill is one of my favorite SX songs. Damnation Game in general is very underrated IMO.

time-for-update-18kuu5k.jpg

Hahahahahaha. The thing is, I haven't voted yet because I didn't finish listening to all the songs (was busy with uni and binging The Walking Dead and Daredevil). I'm hopefully gonna finish tonight or tomorrow then vote, then update. Sure it won't change the results but I don't wanna half-ass voting in my own game :p I won't have to relisten that much in the future, so updating should be faster from now on :D

I just don't rate it. It's not bad just not really memorable.

God, I just don't get that. I love that song. From the beautiful, soft first verse to the catchy as hell pre-chorus and the eventual gigantic, arena-sway chorus...not to mention that jazz part in the middle...it's a truly magical song and one of the prime examples of how much this band can do within the confines of a single track.

It best sums up why I like Symphony X. I remember it wasn't very memorable to me either at first, but that didn't mean it was bad. Because even though I couldn't really remember much of it, I always enjoyed it a ton whenever I listened to it.

Sins
Smoke
Evolution
Electric

Said it before, say it again - this band is at their best with epic songs and songs with split (or multiple) personalities. Routine power metal? Nah.

Said it before, say it again - this band is at their best with epic songs and songs with split (or multiple) personalities. Routine power metal? Nah.

There's nothing "routine" about SX's earlier fast/upbeat songs. To have a Top 10 with nothing but epics is simply denying a brilliant part of SX's neoclassic, aggressive sound. Sins and Shadows/Smoke and Mirrors are overplayed to death, but they are incredibly good and unique.

Back