SYMPHONY X SURVIVOR 2015: Results -> The Odyssey wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
C'mon, The Turning is awesome, why are you all voting for it?! Easily 3rd best song on the album.

Also, no one has Twilight In Olympus as their favorite album but me? :( This album is solid but it's already a step in the wrong direction with less keyboards and more guitar...

C'mon, The Turning is awesome, why are you all voting for it?! Easily 3rd best song on the album.

Also, no one has Twilight In Olympus as their favorite album but me? :( This album is solid but it's already a step in the wrong direction with less keyboards and more guitar...

Seems you're in a SX camp all your own, NP. The Turning is very easily the weakest song on The Odyssey, IMO. I'm honestly shocked by the votes for Frontiers. It's to be expected as it is a b-side, but it's a great song.

Twilight in Olympus is a very good album and in the top five for me, but it's not better than V, Odyssey, or Paradise Lost (a straight run of near-perfect albums).

Paradise Lost is one of the best, most consistent Symphony X albums, even with the harsher vocals and heavier sound.

Also, you voted for Out of the Ashes (the most blatantly catchy song on DWOT) and Communion and Awakenings (two of SX's best "lighter" songs ever). So..................IRYO

Probably gonna get even worse for me when next 3 crap albums arrive...

No Symphony X albums are crap. The debut has awful vocals but great music (on par with Damnation Game's) and while Iconoclast is weaker than other efforts, at least half of the album is strong. I actually think the debut album, if re-recorded with Russell Allen, would be as strong as Damnation Game.

The Turning, like Light up the Night and songs of a similar variety, sound like they were fully written within five minutes and lack the feeling of the songs that surround them. The song, along with Incantations (which suffers from a weak chorus but is otherwise a solid tune), are easily the weakest points of The Odyssey.

Frontiers is amazing, but no one knows what it is. It also has a lyrical theme that is incredibly un-Symphony X.

Paradise Lost is in my top 3 SX albums, can't wait to revisit it.

SURVIVOR_RULES_017.jpg

Eliminated:
The Turning - 5 votes
Incantations Of The Apprentice - 4 votes
Frontiers - 4 votes

This is a shame - King of Terrors is one of my favorite heavy songs by Symphony X, and actually the first really heavy song the band ever recorded. I think that the imagery in the song -- the overall vibe -- is far stronger than most of their more recent heavy tracks.

I wish they'd play it live more often. It has an incredible groove.

Back