SAXON SURVIVOR 2012 RESULTS: Lionheart triumphant

Satisfied with the results

• Total voters
I think it is. It's definitely the same performance, although when I play them together mine sounds cleaner.
That's probably one of two things: different quality YouTube, or the 2009 version was a remaster where they tried to rough it up.

And speaking of remakes, what do you guys think of the Heavy Metal Thunder re-recordings of the early -80s track? I'm giving them my first serious listen now and don't have real strong feelings. But I think I prefer the newer version of Never Surrender and I find And the Bands Plays On really comes to life in the newer recording too.

Those re-recordings were pretty good! I had (some of?) them on an extra disc coming with Killing Ground.
To be honest, they were totally not in my mind when doing this survivor.

Rules:
- 2 songs per album get promoted to the playoffs.
- 10 songs that survive until the end of the album rounds also get promoted to the playoffs.
- Until we get to the final 10 songs you can vote for as many songs as you want.
- Once we reach the top 10, votes get limited to 3 votes. Top 5 means 2 votes only and Top 3 means just the 1 vote. If you vote for more songs at these stages, I just won't count your votes.
- I'll eliminate as many songs as I deem necessary to keep the game fair and moving quickly.
- Rounds will be two days long.

Eliminated last round: Never Surrender, Red Line, This Town Rocks, Denim and Leather
Into the playoffs: Princess of the Night, And the Bands Played On

This will be the easiest round for me in this, or maybe any Survivor.
Crusader is a strong contender, maybe even the favourite, to be the last song standing in this game.
Sailing to America is an excellent song and a clear-cut number two on the album.
And at its best the rest of the album is awkward, cheesy, or both.
I don't hate the other songs; rather I can love/tolerate them in small doses — like they were my good-hearted idiot cousins.
I am voting all seven off the Island.

Same as you + Suzie Hold On

EDIT:
I have trouble with finding a decent second track on Innocence is No Excuse.
Broken Heroes is obviously number one, and perhaps Rock'n'Roll Gypsy's catchy chorus could make it 2nd, but for the rest, nah!

EDIT:
I have trouble with finding a decent second track on Innocence is No Excuse.
Broken Heroes is obviously number one, and perhaps Rock'n'Roll Gypsy's catchy chorus could make it 2nd, but for the rest, nah!

We're getting ahead of ourselves here, but I am also having trouble with number two.
The others songs are all Def Leppard-style. Some are bad (Gonna Shout? :puke:) and some are OK as far as that style goes.
Which is the best of the bunch I'm not sure.

Wheels Of Steel
Strong Arm Of The Law
Warrior
Watching The Sky
A Little Bit Of What You Fancy
Set Me Free
Just Let Me Rock
Bad Boys (Like To Rock 'N' Roll)
Do It All For You
Rock City
Run For Your Lives

- 10 songs that survive until the end of the album rounds also get promoted to the playoffs.
- Until we get to the final 10 songs you can vote for as many songs as you want.
- Once we reach the top 10, votes get limited to 3 votes. Top 5 means 2 votes only and Top 3 means just the 1 vote. If you vote for more songs at these stages, I just won't count your votes.
- I'll eliminate as many songs as I deem necessary to keep the game fair and moving quickly.

Into the playoffs: Crusader, Sailing to America
Eliminated: the rest of Crusader

Dammit, slip of the keyboard.
Players, please ignore this thread.
Mods, please delete.

Rules:

Into the playoffs: Crusader, Sailing to America
Eliminated last round: The rest of Crusader

Hold on, Suzie rocking wild on the streets on the back again.

(Hmm I willfully voted for Call of the Wild but in hindsight it's a top 2-3 song from the album. If it survives this round I may reconsider.)

I'm OK with Gypsy or Wild as the number two.
But a good listen has me leaning toward Rocking Again.
The lyrics are terribly cheesy, but something about the slower pace appeals to me.
And I really like the way Biff sounds on the bridge.

Wheels Of Steel
Strong Arm of The Law
Warrior
Watching The Sky
Back On The Streets
The Devil Rides Out
Everybody Up
Give It Everything You've Got

- Rounds will be two days long

Eliminated last round: Back on the Streets, Devil Rides Out, Gonna Shout, Everybody Up, Raise Some Hell, Give It Everything You’ve Got.

Law Watching the Wild Gypsy

Some of the first tough choices in this game.

- Rounds will be two days long

Into the playoffs: Heavy Metal Thunder, Dallas 1 p.m., Broken Heroes, Rocking Again
Eliminated last round: Call of the Wild, Rock ‘n’Roll Gypsy, Strong Arm of the Law, Watching the Skies

Strong Arm of the Law and Innocence is No Excuse are out of the mix.
Rock the Nations is in — an album with a lot of misses

Back