OPETH SURVIVOR 2014: Results -> Bleak wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
It's definitely a great song, but to be the ONLY song here with no votes? That's just silly.

Don't think it necessarily means it's the consensus top song for now. Windowpane is probably one of those songs that has no dislikers.

I think Face of Melinda, Bleak, Blackwater Park, Deliverance, Ghost of Perdition and Harlequin Forest are the main favorites to win this thing.

Btw, @Forostar looks like your "growing appreciation" posts about the first two albums have been proven wrong. Zero songs from the first two albums are remaining.

I do think In Mist She Was Standing and Under the Weeping Moon should've been here, though.

It's definitely a great song, but to be the ONLY song here with no votes? That's just silly.
Then why don't you vote for it? :p I don't really think the lack of votes really means anything. It'll probably only make the bottom half of the top ten at best anyway. It's a fairly inoffensive song that would be enjoyable to any Opeth fan so it makes sense.

I believe I said a lot more that pointed towards more growing appreciation, but I rather don't go over that again. Apart from saying that at this point we also don't have any Heritage left. :D

And the early era made it to the top 20. One or two of these songs in the top 20 is not bad when you have 11 albums.
I do think In Mist She Was Standing and Under the Weeping Moon should've been here, though.
What I found out is that I've surely appreciated the newer material more. The only dislike that remains with me is Still Life. Apart from one or two songs it has remained an incredibly dull affair.

Last edited:
Don't think it necessarily means it's the consensus top song for now. Windowpane is probably one of those songs that has no dislikers.

Yeah, it's coasting right into the top 10, I think.

Then why don't you vote for it? :p I don't really think the lack of votes really means anything. It'll probably only make the bottom half of the top ten at best anyway. It's a fairly inoffensive song that would be enjoyable to any Opeth fan so it makes sense.

It's not worth voting for yet. But soon. Soon....:devil2:

The only dislike that remains with me is Still Life.

...Still Life is literally the only perfect 10/10 album in my entire collection.

I believe I said a lot more that pointed towards more growing appreciation, but I rather don't go over that again. Apart from saying that at this point we also don't have any Heritage left. :D

And the early era made it to the top 20. One or two of these songs in the top 20 is not bad when you have 11 albums.

What I found out is that I've surely appreciated the newer material more. The only dislike that remains with me is Still Life. Apart from one or two songs it has remained an incredibly dull affair.

Actually, the first two albums did better in the last survivor. In Mist was in Top 13 and Advent was in Top 16.

I actually wanted to ask about this: What are your thoughts on later Opeth now that you've gotten a chance to dig nto their whole catalog? Any new favorite songs/albums?Are the first two albums still your favorites?

SURVIVOR_RULES_013.jpg

Eliminated:
Coil - 5 votes
Moon Above, Sun Below - 5 votes

I forgot to click Blackwater Park. Sorry, this is already the second time. :/ If you don't want to count it, I understand that (not that it would differ that much I guess ;-) ).

It was painful voting for Demon, but other songs I prefer were in danger. I will say though that it's probably my favorite pre-BWP song.

Back