Official Tourdates Discussion Thread

The Clairvoyant said:
Anyone knows when the next studio album will be out....the band dind't never talk about the next studio album until know,at least since the release of "A Matter Of Life And Death"....

...which was only one and a half years ago. Have a bit of patience.

I have already a lot of patience,I said only that anyone knows when the next album will be out,I didn't say that I want a new album soon.....I didn't say anything about the release of next album...so you can't say me that I must have a bit of patience...

The Clairvoyant said:
I have already a lot of patience,I said only that anyone knows when the next album will be out,I didn't say that I want a new album soon.....I didn't say anything about the release of next album...so you can't say me that I must have a bit of patience...

Dude, if you're asking if anyone has any info on a new album clearly you think it reasonable the band is considering such things in less than two years.  Well, it is not reasonable nowaday and age to expect an album planned so soon, so have a bit of patience.  :p

I think Bruce will make a new solo album in 2009. Then Maiden will do a small tour before they make a new album, so I'm thinking mid to late 2010.

Edit: Is the Montreal one confirmed?

The Clairvoyant said:
Anyone knows when the next studio album will be out....the band dind't never talk about the next studio album until know,at least since the release of "A Matter Of Life And Death"....

Did, maybe, he mean "no one knows" and "the band didn't ever.....until now"?

That would make sense in his defense of his statement

Prisoner Of Maiden said:
I think Bruce will make a new solo album in 2009. Then Maiden will do a small tour before they make a new album, so I'm thinking mid to late 2010.

Edit: Is the Montreal one confirmed?

Not on the Maiden site, but before one get right into the moderator's sight without a password and see all the bands and times.  So yes, it's happening.

Sure.  I took the convo to mean that, in his response to PG's statement of an album being out in 2009, 'no one knows when the next studio album will be out'.  And that the band hasn't spoken of a new album since AMOLAD.

So, in reply to Perun's statement of patience, he may not have meant that he was looking for a new album, because 'no one' knows--hence his apparent suprise at the statement by Perun.  I didn't take it as a question if 'anyone knows when'.  I read it as a statement, not a question.

The Clairvoyant said:
yes,exactly....maybe 2010 because next year I think there will be an history tour because later this year the new dvd "maiden england" will be out...

I'd be surprised if Maiden would do two oldie-songs-tours in a row. Don't count on it.

Don't get me wrong, I sure hope it is coming out.  But till I hear it from the horse's mouth (or Rod's mouth as the case may be), it's a rumour.  Besides, it'd be something to release two major VHS releases onto DVD in a year...and doesn't seem to work well with the overall Iron Maiden business plan.  I think we're more likely to see the AMOLAD Tour/A Matter of the Beast Tour DVD & album by the end of 08 or beginning of 09 than Maiden England.

It all depends on how long the boys continue to write albums, I think.  Though they can remaster stuff for years and years and make tons of money if needed.

There has indeed been an official mention, albeit in passing, of a 2008 DVD release of "Maiden England."  See this link, which is the original official announcement of the current tour:  http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=8&p2_articleid=664.  The relevant language from the press release is: 

"To tie in with forthcoming 2008 releases on DVD of the classic 'LIVE AFTER DEATH' and 'MAIDEN ENGLAND' concert videos (more details coming soon) this tour, aptly entitled 'SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME', will revisit the band's history by focusing almost entirely on the 80's in both choice of songs played and the stage set, which will be based around the legendary Egyptian Production of the 1984-85 'Powerslave Tour'. This will arguably be the most elaborate and spectacular show the band have ever presented, and will include some key elements of their Somewhere In Time tour of 1986/7, such as the Cyborg Eddie."

I do not recall seeing any subsequent announcements about the "Maiden England" release, but there may have been. 

EDIT:  The press release quoted above is from September 5.  However, in a subsequent press release on October 31 about the tour, the language from the September 5 press release is repeated nearly verbatim, with one conspicuous omission: the reference to "Maiden England" has been removed.  Here is the link:  http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=8&p2_articleid=682, and here is the passage:

"To tie in with forthcoming 2008 releases on DVD of the classic 'LIVE AFTER DEATH' concert video (full details coming soon) this tour, aptly entitled 'SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME', will revisit the band's history by focusing almost entirely on the 80's in both choice of songs played and the stage set, which will be based around the legendary Egyptian Production of the 1984-85 'Powerslave Tour'. This will arguably be the most elaborate and spectacular show the band have ever presented, and will include some key elements of their Somewhere In Time tour of 1986/7, such as the Cyborg Eddie."

Note that they (probably inadvertently) kept the original plural word, "releases," but modified the language to refer only to "Live After Death."  This suggests, but doesn't necessarily prove, that the band changed its plans and no longer intends to release "Maiden England" on DVD this year.   

So,if the dvd "maiden england" will not be released this year....next year if maiden will be again on the road they will make a tour to support a new album....
If they have plan to do a tour with songs from no prayer for the dying,the x-factor and virtual XI (but I think there will not be) they could to do it next year before the release of a new album (farewell tour) in 2010 or 2011........

Back