Official Tourdates Discussion Thread

Powergirl81 said:
...So no more tourdates period? This is it...

Somewhat speculation, somewhat strong rumour indicates:

-Another show at MSG
-2-3 more shows in Canada
-A couple more shows in Europe (look for Spain July 12, Moscow Aug. 18th, and potentially a Dublin show)

Maybe some good new's for LC,Iron Duke and any other eastern Canadians "although somewhere in Eastern Canada may have something to say about that soon". I'm loving the response from Canadian maiden fans this year. :yey: :yey: :yey:

Within two hours of going on sale this morning at 10 am, Iron Maiden's "Somewhere Back in Time" Tour had sold over 60,000 tickets for their five city run through Western Canada in early June, their first comprehensive tour of the region in twenty years. With Calgary, Edmonton and Regina selling out within an hour, Vancouver and Winnipeg were not close behind with just a few hundred tickets left available after the first two hours and those are going fast. This has led to the promoter and band manager now scrambling to find more ways to supply the enormous fan demand. The band are releasing the majority of their guest tickets to the fans and the promoter is working with the band's Production Manager to find more room if possible. Even if some tickets may have to be stamped with a slightly restricted side view, fans will still be able to experience the incredible communal atmosphere of a Maiden concert.  Ticketless fans can contact the box offices over the next few days about these added availabilities.

Calgary made a great case for METAL CITY NORTH AMERICA (although somewhere in Eastern Canada may have something to say about that soon). Selling out the originally available 10,500 tickets in a little over 30 min, the show had the highest presale ever for the band in North America. Just before the public on sales for their concerts Maiden make it possible for their Fan Club members to get the first chance at the box office and in Calgary fans snapped up an incredible 6512 of the best tickets!! This is over a thousand more than even last week's Madison Square Garden huge Fan Club presale in New York!!!

Says vocalist Bruce Dickinson; "We are truly overwhelmed by this response, especially as some of these cities we haven't played in 20 years!! Being Brits we are always very comfortable with Canadians and it will be a great pleasure to get back on the prairies again. It was always a LOUD response there! We look forward to this immensely and hope to give you all a show to remember."

Maidens North America leg of the global Somewhere Back in Time World Tour 08 start in Texas on May 21 ending on June 21 somewhere in Canada!  The band already circled the planet in their customized Boeing 757 flown by vocalist Bruce Dickinson taking them to 23 sold out shows in 10 countries in 45 days and a distance of almost 50,000 miles, making it an average of a major show every alternate day with each one an average of about 2000 miles apart. Following the North America leg the band make an extensive tour of stadiums and major festivals around Europe by the end of which they will have played to some one and a half million fans.

On May 13 EMI release the "Best of .....1980 - 1989" album aptly entitled "Somewhere Back in Time" and featuring 14 classic tracks from this period.

Unofficial as of yet, but it's happening.

2 day heavy metal festival at Parc Jean Drapeau, June 21-22, with Maiden headlining June 21st.

Other bands so far includes Hammerfall, Overkill, Symphony X, Three Inches of Blood, Unexpect, Mastodon.

http://dev.heavymtl.com/fr/home

Hell I've waited and waited since hearing about this tour....I was so excited to see Maiden on this tour! And then they pull the rug out from under my feet by doing only a handful of U.S. dates?? This is total BS from Maiden. This is what they call a full American Tour? This is what they call doing cities that they have not done in years? I just hope somehow the word of all the upset fans all over the U.S. who Maiden has left out in the cold gets back to them. Although I doubt they really care anyway. The release of these U.S. dates is a total bummer after getting all worked up about hearing of this tour. All I have now is to just listen to the last great album they put out which was Live After Death....it was all downhill after that.

tailgunner said:
All I have now is to just listen to the last great album they put out which was Live After Death....it was all downhill after that.

I'm sure Maiden will know about their upset fans.  They were very aware of statements like the above on their last US tour; Bruce spoke of it at the concert that I saw.  If you don't like anything since Powerslave, I can't imagine that you would like much of what they play in concert anyway.

BTW, I'm sorry you feel that way about their other albums.  I hope you have had a chance to listen to them, cause there are a lot of gems there if you give them a chance.

tailgunner said:
Hell I've waited and waited since hearing about this tour....I was so excited to see Maiden on this tour! And then they pull the rug out from under my feet by doing only a handful of U.S. dates?? This is total BS from Maiden. This is what they call a full American Tour? This is what they call doing cities that they have not done in years? I just hope somehow the word of all the upset fans all over the U.S. who Maiden has left out in the cold gets back to them. Although I doubt they really care anyway. The release of these U.S. dates is a total bummer after getting all worked up about hearing of this tour. All I have now is to just listen to the last great album they put out which was Live After Death....it was all downhill after that.

That last sentence completely removed my sympathy for your situation.  That is exactly why Maiden don't play more in the US.  Either there aren't enough fans, or the fans that exist want only "classics".

And you can't expect a new World Slavery Tour either.  You're getting 17 shows, after all, and that's not so bad.  Better than the AMOLAD tour...

So who's going to the Montreal show???

It's right in the middle of my exams, but screw them.  No way I'm missing this show, it look awesome!  Me and my friends are real fans of Maiden as well as Hammerfall and Symphony X, so we can't miss this one.

P.S. Tailgunner, the reason they don't tour the States so much anymore is because they can tour a country like Canada with a tenth the population and sell out within hours!

tailgunner said:

Invader said:
That last sentence completely removed my sympathy for your situation.  That is exactly why Maiden don't play more in the US.  Either there aren't enough fans, or the fans that exist want only "classics".

And you can't expect a new World Slavery Tour either.  You're getting 17 shows, after all, and that's not so bad.  Better than the AMOLAD tour...

Thank you Invader.  If you didn't say it I surely would have.

I was like Tailgunner, and I voiced how distraught I was. But I'm over it. Yeah, I was hyped to see them, and was really let down because of waiting so, so long for them only to announce a select few dates. Too many Cali dates IMO. They always make out.  But I love all their stuff. Classics, some Blaze stuff, and the new stuff is awesome! I would have liked a few different songs in the setlist, but it can't please EVERYONE. I saw them in 2000 and 2003 and loved all of it. I was so excited about seeing them this year. But I'm not because it's too expensive and we would have to drive 2 hours to see them anyhow. I can wait. A new album will be out in 2009  :D (*At least I would hope so!) I'm not gung ho on classics like some people are. A variety of 80s stuff and BNW-AMOLAD stuff suits me fine. I just don't care for the No Prayer stuff that much. FOTD is growing on me.

@ Invader: I would have loved to see the AMOLAD tour. Those songs are killer!

I just read that Lauren Harris is confirmed as a second warm-up for Maiden in Trondheim. I guess that means she will be part of the entire Nordic leg of the tour.

I'd have hoped for something a bit heavier stuff, but at least we'll get something pretty to look at. (Don't tell Steve that I said this  :innocent: )

Eddies Wingman said:
I just read that Lauren Harris is confirmed as a second warm-up for Maiden in Trondheim. I guess that means she will be part of the entire Nordic leg of the tour.

I'd have hoped for something a bit heavier stuff, but at least we'll get something pretty to look at. (Don't tell Steve that I said this  :innocent: )

Source? :)

Powergirl81 said:
I was like Tailgunner, and I voiced how distraught I was. But I'm over it. Yeah, I was hyped to see them, and was really let down because of waiting so, so long for them only to announce a select few dates. Too many Cali dates IMO. They always make out.  But I love all their stuff. Classics, some Blaze stuff, and the new stuff is awesome! I would have liked a few different songs in the setlist, but it can't please EVERYONE. I saw them in 2000 and 2003 and loved all of it. I was so excited about seeing them this year. But I'm not because it's too expensive and we would have to drive 2 hours to see them anyhow. I can wait. A new album will be out in 2009  :D (*At least I would hope so!) I'm not gung ho on classics like some people are. A variety of 80s stuff and BNW-AMOLAD stuff suits me fine. I just don't care for the No Prayer stuff that much. FOTD is growing on me.

@ Invader: I would have loved to see the AMOLAD tour. Those songs are killer!

Anyone knows when the next studio album will be out....the band dind't never talk about the next studio album until know,at least since the release of "A Matter Of Life And Death"....

Back