Official Tourdates Discussion Thread

cornfedhick said:
There has indeed been an official mention, albeit in passing, of a 2008 DVD release of "Maiden England."  See this link, which is the original official announcement of the current tour:  http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=8&p2_articleid=664.  The relevant language from the press release is: 

"To tie in with forthcoming 2008 releases on DVD of the classic 'LIVE AFTER DEATH' and 'MAIDEN ENGLAND' concert videos (more details coming soon) this tour, aptly entitled 'SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME', will revisit the band's history by focusing almost entirely on the 80's in both choice of songs played and the stage set, which will be based around the legendary Egyptian Production of the 1984-85 'Powerslave Tour'. This will arguably be the most elaborate and spectacular show the band have ever presented, and will include some key elements of their Somewhere In Time tour of 1986/7, such as the Cyborg Eddie."

I do not recall seeing any subsequent announcements about the "Maiden England" release, but there may have been. 

EDIT:  The press release quoted above is from September 5.  However, in a subsequent press release on October 31 about the tour, the language from the September 5 press release is repeated nearly verbatim, with one conspicuous omission: the reference to "Maiden England" has been removed.  Here is the link:  http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=8&p2_articleid=682, and here is the passage:

"To tie in with forthcoming 2008 releases on DVD of the classic 'LIVE AFTER DEATH' concert video (full details coming soon) this tour, aptly entitled 'SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME', will revisit the band's history by focusing almost entirely on the 80's in both choice of songs played and the stage set, which will be based around the legendary Egyptian Production of the 1984-85 'Powerslave Tour'. This will arguably be the most elaborate and spectacular show the band have ever presented, and will include some key elements of their Somewhere In Time tour of 1986/7, such as the Cyborg Eddie."

Note that they (probably inadvertently) kept the original plural word, "releases," but modified the language to refer only to "Live After Death."  This suggests, but doesn't necessarily prove, that the band changed its plans and no longer intends to release "Maiden England" on DVD this year.   

Well Shirley has done the mixing for the 5.1 version already (I think thats worth bit more than being called a "rumour"), so they are going to release it at some point. I'm betting that the Live at Donington '07 DVD will come first though.

I agree with you. Part.4 is not planned....pt.3 should be maiden england....apart from powerslave and so live after death (part.2).
I think it's not planned any tour to support 90's albums.....

Dang I wish the Tickets for the Festival would go on sale later a little short on money right now hopfully they dont sell out to fast, any one to the capacity for Parc Jean-Drapeau.

Official now.

Iron Maiden announce Moscow Olympic Stadium show.
Published: April 18, 2008

Maiden will be finishing their 2008 touring schedule in Russia at Moscow's Olympic Stadium on Tuesday August 19th. This will be the first time the band have visited the Russian capital since June 1993, 15 years ago. This will be the last show in 2008 so much consumption of vodka is to be expected after this show. 

Tickets for these shows will go on sale to the public immediately today - Friday 18th April.

Members of the Iron Maiden fan club who purchase tickets will be eligible to enter the draw to be 'First to the Barrier'.  Full details can be found on www.ironmaiden.com.

Tickets will be available from www.concert.ru (we should have an English link for you soon!)

Back