Official Football Thread

José Fonte has handed in a transfer request to Southampton. In the summer he was rumored to be a MUFC signing but I don't think he's needed anymore. Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea could all use a player like him.

Evra might be making a return to Man Utd, or he'll move to Valencia. Leaving Juve either way. Should just retire after the destruction Suso laid upon him in the Supercoppa :D

World Cup 2026 will have 48 teams, fuck off. I would rather have a proper 32 team cup without my country than 48 one with it. 16 groups with 3 teams each, with 2 going through. Weaker teams will park the bus and we'll get a repeat of the group stage of last year's EURO. Fucking FIFA moneygrabbing whores.

I'd rather watch less matches that are better in quality than more matches with one team parking the bus (the way it was in EURO 2016). At least do 12 groups of 4 or something.

I'd rather watch less matches that are better in quality than more matches with one team parking the bus (the way it was in EURO 2016). At least do 12 groups of 4 or something.

But this almost always comes down to who qualifies for the tournaments. In most cases, some possibly exciting teams fail to quality for the tournament, losing out to boring sides that park the bus in the qualifiers.

Though if they give CONCACAF, AFC or OFC a ton of spots while not giving UEFA, CONMEBOL or CAF their due, it could get pretty boring. I've always thought it was unfair for CONMEBOL and CAF, especially. Africa sends just 5 teams to the World Cup right now when they usually have at least 9-10 good teams.

Last edited:
Costa apparently fell out with Conte and will not play against Leicester. If the feud continues, it could seriously endanger Chelsea's title chances.

Back