Official Football Thread

Agreed. Awarding Albania the win sets a nasty presedence:

Anyone who wants the home team to lose, can try to start some kind of trouble, and if he succeeds, the away team will be rewarded. That's nuts.

I think Serbia deserved to be punished because of their lackadaisical job about the security in the stadium. But that doesn't mean Albania deserved to be on the "winning" end of the punishment. They too deserved to be punished. No points should've been awarded.
I agree, although my suggestion would be to hold both home and away games on neutral soil. Or, would've been smarter if they just separated us in the draw like they do with Russia/Ukraine and Armenia/Turkey.

They don't seperate Armenia and Turkey in draws, actually. We were in the same group in the 2010 World Cup qualifiers.

Greece lost 1-0 to Finland yesterday, effectively eliminating them from Euro 2016 qualifiers. They're placed last in a group where they were the 1st seeded team. Currently trailing Faroe Islands by 4 points.

Greece lost 1-0 to Finland yesterday, effectively eliminating them from Euro 2016 qualifiers. They're placed last in a group where they were the 1st seeded team. Currently trailing Faroe Islands by 4 points.

:D

The play-offs could see a lot of Nordic countries involved. Norway are 3rd, Denmark are 3rd, Sweden are currently 2nd but play away to Russia today. Maybe also Finland can finish 3rd. The only Nordic country who look certain to qualify right now are ... Iceland. Who would've thought?

Just got my ticket for Norway vs Croatia tomorrow. Hope it will be a good game. The Norwegian team should be interested in showing that the 5-1 result doesn't represent the true difference in quality between our teams.

The struggle for 2nd in group G is wide open after Russia beat Sweden 1-0. Sweden looked more threatening in the 2nd half despite Zlatan going off with injury at half time. Russia totally dominated the 1st half, but Sweden had plenty of chances to equalize in the 2nd.

Gonna watch Switzerland vs Slovenia afterwards. If Switzerland win, England are in the Euros (well, they are practically there already, but if Slovenia don't win, it's offical).

Edit: I got Spain vs Slovakia instead. Should be a good game.

Last edited:
I am preparing for the worst: For the first time since 1984, no Netherlands on a European Football Championship. To prevent this disaster, we need to win every match. First the match vs Turkey, in Turkey. :goodbye:

What a disappointment.

Tattooed boys with expensive toys.... can't score a single goal.

Worst week in football since 2001 or something.

Tattooed boys with expensive toys.... can't score a single goal.

And concede three :p

Still far from over, though. We're gonna play Czech Republic and Iceland next. They will face us having already qualified for the championship though, so they'll have nothing at stake.

We actually played good footy too.

Indeed. Best game I've seen under Høgmo.

We're still not guaranteed to qualify though. If we beat Malta and lose to Italy, Croatia might still finish ahead of us. Here's to the hope that Bulgaria can cause them some trouble :D

Anyway, it was great to see a proper good game from Norway again.

Back