Official Football Thread

Looking at the teams that look destined to play in the Playoffs, I'd say Sweden has a pretty good chance at qualifying. Currently Ukraine, Hungary, Denmark, Sweden, Ireland, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Turkey, Estonia look like the likeliest teams to play in the Playoffs.

Assuming Croatia (or Norway) will be the best #3 team? Based on current standings, then? We'll have to wait until it's clear who finish last in the different groups. Still too many variables for me to care to make a guess at who will be the best #3.

Sweden-Austria 0-4 ...
:bigsurprise:

And there's the consolation goal. 1-4 in the dying seconds of the game. But what a shocking result. Didn't see anything like it coming at all.

Looking at the lineups, I don't think it's that much of a surprise. Sweden is trash aside from Zlatan. Corpses of Kim Kallström and Andreas Isaksson, and Erkan fucking Zengin.

Yeah, but Sweden have usually had enough structure and team morale to at least look decent in defense. This was a total collapse. Not very like them.

mad0228.gif

Defense has been dreadful ever since Mellberg quit.

Haven't confirmed it, but I read that this was Sweden's biggest loss at home since the World Cup final in 1958 (2-5 vs. Brazil).

They already qualified, so it's all good.

Flash vs. Foro is obviously the main excitement now. :p

Rooney injured, Fellaini to start tomorrow as center forward :D I hope Lovren starts for Liverpool tomorrow too :D

Arsenal desperately, and I mean DESPERATELY needs a striker. There's no team in Europe that gets into so many goal scoring opportunities and puts away so few of them. Absolutely dominated Newcastle last week, only a 1-0 win through an own goal. It's been total annihilation against Stoke today (26 attempts, 11 on target), still only 1-0 going into the last minutes.

Just another proof that you have to watch the games to be able to know what you're talking about. Walcott was absolutely disastrous on his finishes today, could've easily had 4 goals to his name. Giroud scored on a free kick header but missed two wide open goals.

Back