Official Football Thread

Well, now the papers will be full of "get the hopes up" articles before the Croatia match on Sunday. Where we will be smashed.

I don't feel like gloating after this win, because we were rubbish. Bulgaria just happened to be even more rubbish tonight.

Netherlands-Iceland 0-1!! This is even more sensational than Norway's qualification campaign before the '94 World Cup.
:bigsurprise:

Thank H I'm now immune to Turkey's fancy ways of fucking up your mental state. Completely dominated Latvia the entire game, had about 10 crucial chances missed, finally scored at 77th, only to concede on the 90th minute in what was Latvia's only third attempt on goal. And did that while their biggest opponent in the group stage, Netherlands, were losing their game.

It's exactly what I expect from this team, I was just laughing my ass off when it happened. It also felt quite nice, because the Turkish supporters were chanting "Ya Allah Bismillah Allahuakbar" the whole game. Take that, bigoted bastards.

11363857_1492718004374768_580733167_n.jpg

SNAKES ON A PLANE

WTF was all that about? Cant say im to familiar with Serbian and Albainian politics? Sombody care to explain fast? I didnt Even understand who had the drone, who ran off?

Game is played in Serbia. All is calm until a drone with a flag of non-existent country of "Great Albania" (featuring all of Albania and parts of all surrounding countries) appears on the pitch. It angers the crowd and after flying for a couple of minutes, one of our players manages to catch it and pull it down. Albanian players go nuts and attack our player, then few fans run onto the pitch and fight with Albanian players. Everyone goes crazy and after a while, players are in the changing rooms and fans at the stands and game is suspended. Albanian players refuse to come back to the pitch, leave the stadium in a matter of minutes and fly back to Albania immediately where there are mass celebrations in the streets. Later it's proven that an Albanian fan put the drone on top of a church next to the stadium. FIFA registers the game as 3-0 for Serbia, but also gives us -3 points and few games without an audience, but later changes the decision and awards the game to Albania with the same result.

That's pretty much it, I tried to be as objective as possible.

Thanks Night, i seen the video but it was kinda hard what to make of it.

Makes more sence now, i still dont understand why they got mad a player took it down tho.

EDIT. seems like there game with Denmark got kinda hot-head too. not that bad, but still enugh to get commented on news here.

Denmark are of course pissed off because the three points given to Albania mean that Denmark's road to the Euros becomes more difficult. And then hours before the game the Albanian team chooses to include the drone guy in the team photo??

I say, take the points back from Albania as well. Wankers.

Denmark are of course pissed off because the three points given to Albania mean that Denmark's road to the Euros becomes more difficult. And then hours before the game the Albanian team chooses to include the drone guy in the team photo??

I say, take the points back from Albania as well. Wankers.

Its really wierd why they would take picture with him. To me looks like making trouble on purpose.

Exactly. And that should be punished. I think it's a prime example of bringing the sport into disrepute, something which the organs of football have eagerly punished before,

I think Serbia deserved to be punished because of their lackadaisical job about the security in the stadium. But that doesn't mean Albania deserved to be on the "winning" end of the punishment. They too deserved to be punished. No points should've been awarded.

Back