Official Football Thread

EKHM0Rl.png

It wasn't on TV, so I had to watch Juve. Fucking lucky bastard Allegri. I can't wait for Juve to start falling when key players start to leave and older ones retire... like what happened to Allegri at Milan. He can handle an already built and strong squad, but I doubt he can build it from scratch.

Klopp confirmed in a press conference today that he's leaving Dortmund at the end of the season. Would love to see him in Milan. Hopefully Berlusconi sells the club to the Chinese as early as possible and they throw enough money at Klopp to persuade him to come. And I hope he doesn't go to City <_<

Jurgen Klopp will probably leave at the end of the season. Arsenal can then jettison Arsene Wenger and Klopp can replace him. He'd be a perfect fit as he too knows what it's like to lose his best players to a club with more money.
I called the first part. With Arsenal second in the league I can't see him going this year so it looks like destination City.

Arsenal won't fire Wenger for Klopp, I'd be really really surprised if that happened.

I hope City manages to gerrard their CL spot this year which would wreck the club in the long run, since they sold or will sell all their young prospects.

Just looking at their team, their youngest player is Mangala who is 24. Then Jovetic is 25, Agüero and Bony are 26, Hart, Fernando and Nasri are 27 and the rest are all 29 or older.

City has 15 players that are 29 or older... Tottenham has 5, Chelsea has 6, Liverpool has 7, Manchester United has 7 and Arsenal has 8.

That's what happens when the manager is expected to bring success instantly and annually. It happened to Chelsea as well. The best young players have to leave because the club bought players to get instant success.

Wenger isn't getting fired. He'll stay as long as he likes then pick a heir. Which is likely to be Thierry Henry.

City looks almost inevitable for Klopp.

I'd love to see that. However, The Non-Flying Dutchman might be a dealbreaker, I doubt he'd like to go through the travelling nightmare again.

I think it's not so much the travel itself but the entire experience for him. He says he can't sleep the day before the plane. He'd probably refuse to take a pill or would break down upon realization that he wasn't aware of what was going around him if he did take it.

Porto destroyed Bayern tonight. Ended 3-1 but could've been worse for Bayern. Fantastic team play, they seem to have endless energy.

And about Bergkamp: he could still be an assistant to, say, Henry, except he wouldn't go to European matches. Would still be valuable to have him just for the league. And for super important matches he could still take a bus/train/drive. Like if they play in Paris, Google tells me it's just a 2-3h train ride.

Back