Official Football Thread

John Barnes says that being black has hindered his management career. I think being a completely shit manager has been more of a hindrance.

This 19 year old guy has a tremendous (free) kicking technique. The problem is, he's about 100 KG, so he needs more training if he ever wants to do something with this technique on a ligher level. Still, great to watch these kicks.
Recently he could do some kicks with Balotelli and some other Liverpool guys:

Last edited:
Liverpool's form drops back to pre-Christmas levels as Manchester United's improves again. Top 4 positions all but secured now.

Fenerbahçe team bus was the target of an armed assault after their match yesterday. The bus driver pretty much saved the team by a quick maneuver at the last second, although he got wounded himself by getting hit with a bullet. Luckily it's not life threatening. The hatred, the polarization and the sheer feel of terror in the country poisons every field of life here. Everyone sheds violence to protect their perceived "justice".* Just a couple of days ago a public persecutor was kidnapped and murdered by a leftist group asking for the murderers (likely policemen) of a 14 year old kid at Gezi Park protests of 2013.

*It's worth noting that the assault was prepared by Trabzonspor fans. After the match fixing scandal of 2011, Trabzonspor fans (and the club) felt like they've been robbed of a championship. They had finished the league behind Fenerbahçe by goal difference, match fixing scandal hit Fenerbahçe and they were banned from European competitions by UEFA, but Turkish Football Federation did not punish them and Trabzonspor were not awarded the championship afterwards. The polarizing statements from Trabzonspor's newly elected president didn't exactly help the cause. The Trabzonspor-Fenerbahçe match in the following year needed to be suspended at half time after Trabzonspor fans threw bricks at Fenerbahçe's goalkeeper.

I do realize that I've been posting about Turkish politics and inner-country violence quite frequently and people might think that I'm exaggerating things but this is a really REALLY fucked up place right now. It's scary living in it and I just can't help it.

Last edited:
Have you/they already started and concluded investigation?

Obviously not. However the perpetrators were wearing Trabzonspor apparel, it happened on the Rize*-Trabzon Highway and Trabzonspor came out and accepted that the perpetrators were fans of their club, while condemning the event.

* Rize is the eastern neighbour of Trabzon. Fenerbahçe were playing away at Çaykur Rizespor.

Everything is clicking for Chelsea this season. They beat Q.P.R. with an 88th minute goal with their only shot on target the entire match.

He's back to his best level after being shit for more than a year. Right now he's crucial in United's midfield.

Great to see Unitwd come back from 0-1, excited for the 2nd half now!

Back