Official Football Thread

Gunners almost did it. Won 2-0 at Stade Louis II and came very close to scoring the 3rd. Looks like it doesn't matter who Arsenal comes up against, they're going to go out before the Quarter Finals.

Everton got thrashed 5-2 by Dynamo Kyiv in Europa League 3rd Round. Which means zero English teams qualified for the quarter final level of European competitions this season.

Stats from the City-W.B.A. match today are just mindblowing. Complete domination. Attempts: 36-3. Shots on Target: 16-0. Possession: %80-%20. Pretty surprising that it ended in a respectable score for W.B.A. with 0-3.

Stats from the City-W.B.A. match today are just mindblowing. Complete domination. Attempts: 36-3. Shots on Target: 16-0. Possession: %80-%20. Pretty surprising that it ended in a respectable score for W.B.A. with 0-3.

It should be mentioned they had a man sent off before the 5 minute mark, though. With that in mind, City's dominance isn't that surprising.

Even if that were the case, there were 16 of them on target. I didn't see the game either but goalkeeper probably had a great game.

CAtxCkcVAAASRgG.jpg

Just finished watching the game (had to record it and watch it now as I was out travelling and returned only 1900 today). Greatest moments of the game:

• United's goals
  • Gerrard's sending off (very similar to Costa's stamp on a Liverpool player. Didn't hear any Liverpool fans arguing that one shouldn't be a red!)
  • Balotelli's duel with Smalling, where he seems to grab Smalling's leg as Smalling is getting up to resume playing, and a fan in row 1 grabs Balo's shoulder as if to say "easy, boy, don't do something silly again" :D
And Skrtel should've been off in the last second too. Very cuntish to stamp on the goalkeeper when the ball is gone.

To be fair, Jones could easily have been off too. The situation where he got yellow was not a very good attempt at getting the ball. I think the ref didn't give it because it wasn't really dangerous and he didn't show the studs.

Last edited:
Back