Official Football Thread

It seems that Pippo Inzaghi will be sacked as Milan coach. He started the season well, but over time it became apparent he has no clue what he's doing... he changed over 30 different back 4's this season, about 5 formations and like 30 players and nothing's working.

His replacement (until the season) should be yet another rookie, ex-Milan player - Christian Brocchi. He's the current coach of Milan's youth team, where he also succeeded Inzaghi. At least he's doing better in that position than Pippo did - Brocchi's team outscored Inzaghi's from last season with 10 games to go. Also players from the youth team are saying that they Brocchi and Pippo are way different - Brocchi's team imposes their play on the opponent whereas Inzaghi changes his tactics for each game to adapt to the opponent (unsuccessfully it seems).

I agree. It's quite sad because he's a club legend, but Milan is in 10th place right now so they shouldn't be too sentimental. They should've kept Seedorf (I still think he did quite well) or at least should've replaced him with an experienced coach.

Galatasaray lost to their arch rivals Fenerbahçe today. It's the 16th straight match without a win for them at their rivals' stadium. We're still at the top of the league, though.

Schalke absolutely dismantled Real at Bernabeu tonight. They won 4-3 but are sadly eliminated because they lost the first leg 2-0. They could've gotten the job done and they deserved to do so, Casillas became the hero of the day for Real.

FdSzawX.gif

Seriously though, ref was a major cunt and Diego Costa should've been sent off; not Ibra.

LMAO Chelsea. Couldn't beat a PSG team that played with 10 men (the guy that sent off was Ibra, too) for 60+30 minutes and are eliminated in the 2nd Round.

I'm sorry for your loss :p But seriously, Diego Costa was throwing punches left and right... pushed away one player when the ref wasn't looking and he had a yellow. Plus he didn't even score in CL this year :D

Barring a major surprise by Arsenal and City, Premier League won't have a single team in the Champions League Quarter Finals.

Not to go unnoticed, Bayern absolutely slayed Shakhtar in the other match of the day. 7-0.

Galatasaray pretty much erased all of their championship hopes with today's game. After losing the derby against Fenerbahçe, they needed to bounce back this week. They went up 2-0 at home, then conceded two late goals and finished 2-2.

Although Premiership did give me my happiness back, Arsenal won and City lost. Only trailing by 1 point now.

Back