Official Football Thread

Gibraltar almost scored a sick goal against Germany. A fantastic long range volley was saved by Neuer. Good stuff.

Scotland won! Thanks to that, Poland three points ahead, but still a lot possible. Close group!

Stand groep D:
1. Polen 4-10 (15- 2)
2. Duitsland 4- 7 ( 7- 4)
3. Schotland 4- 7 ( 5- 4)
4. Ierland 4- 7 (10- 3)
5. Georgië 4- 3 ( 4- 7)
6. Gibraltar 4- 0 ( 0-21)

We lost 3-1 to Denmark after leading 1-0. Lord Bendtner scored two goals. :facepalm:

:D

Looks like Denmark and Portugal will cruise to France.

And I still have a hard time understanding how Greece could lose to Faroe Islands. To quote former Norway captain Vidar Riseth: "It's like me beating Magnus Carlsen in chess, playing with black, in Carlsen's own home" :D

This morning? That's a huge delay in news then, since it's not known here. Here -in the morning- they said he "considers leaving".

edit:
Pardon me, I looked at another source: one and a half hour ago, the news came in Dutch media that he left (still not in the morning). :)

To be fair, I woke up at 14h, so it was morning for me :p

And yeah, our team is good enough to qualify for EUROs at least, this is disgraceful.

Your group is interesting to say the least. Albania can still qualify. Serbia as well. I am rooting for Denmark and Albania.

Good weekend for the nations who hardly ever win. San Marino will probably celebrate their draw like many others would celebrate a big victory :D

That Faroe Islands, San Marino and Liechtenstein all keep a clean sheet is nothing short of sensational.

Estonia and Moldova aren't exactly Belgium or Italy, so it's not that huge a surprise that they won/drew.

Wales play Belgium tomorrow. I hope Bale gives it his all, especially with talks about him going to Chelsea (a slight demotion).

Back