New Music Thread

Possibly the most poorly directed music video I've ever seen.
Awww, sex-slave trafficking is so CUTE!!
There is literally no band that I actively dislike more than RHCP.
My list of successful and acclaimed bands I actively dislike:

5. Steely Dan - boring jazz-rock for your dad (even if they are technically very good musicians)
4. Santana - boring latin-rock for your dad
3. Grateful Dead - boring stoner-rock for your dad
2. Red Hot Chili Peppers - annoying white-boy punk-funk, totally fails; just listen to James Brown, folks
1. KISS - sixth-graders could write more mature and compelling music; complete sellouts

Yeah the plingy plongy californication sound is where I really lost them.

It doesn't sound that bad, but load of autotuned crap anyway.

New Avenged Sevenfold, sounding less like Metallica and more like themselves:

I really would like this band if they had a competent singer. I know he had voice trouble and stuff, but M. Shadows sounds like he's breaking his throat on every song and not in a good way.

Production is very weak, this sounds more like a demo.

I liked this one! Miles better than anything on HTTK, which I thought was horrible. This sounds more like something off Nightmare. I don't think this band will ever interest me as much as I did when I was younger, but this was a major step in the right direction.

I like M Shadows. His voice can be annoying sometimes but he has his moments. You can definitely hear that his voice has aged in the past few years though.

Despite the emo-ness and immaturity of it, I love his voice on Waking the Fallen. But the album before and everything after I cannot handle.

He definitely had more power in his cleans on that album. Ironically, that was before he got voice lessons.

Listening to the new A7X.

It's new for them. I thought the last album was horrible and generic, they are taking more risks here and being experimental. I've always thought they had more potential than most of their peers. I also wonder if they've realized that their brand of metal isn't mainstream anymore so they might as well do whatever they want. Huge improvement over the last one, although I think my interest in this band is long gone. I was not impressed with the closing epic, it had its moments but it also meandered a lot. Good ending though.

Production was really bad. The recording hardly had any power and Shadows' vocals were often fighting against the music rather than complementing it. I think he is a good vocalist but the way he was mixed makes him sound tired and strained. Drums also lacked any real punch. I get the impression that they don't want the drums to stand out at all. It was the same on the last album. I get they want to honor their original drummer by not having someone take his place, but the music shouldn't suffer for that.

Overall, I was mostly impressed but didn't love it. Might give it more spins later.

Saw these guys on a whim last night (with no knowledge of them beforehand) and absolutely loved it. Post-Hardcore group from Oakland:

Met with their singer Meghan afterwards and bought their debut and a shirt, nice girl:

6ucBhRE.jpg

I heard the new Avenged album today as well. Actually quite good. The only other album I've ever heard by them was Nightmare (thought that was OK too) so don't know how this one compares to the majority of their stuff. Was quite impressed how tech-metal/spacey some of it sounded. Also the singer reminded me of Chinese Democracy era Axl in a few places...:D

It is unlike anything they have ever done, but gave me a similar feeling of adventure that City of Evil and Nightmare did. I have a hard time comparing the quality of the album to the old stuff because their early albums are more nostalgia for me at this point. I think if they had released The Stage when I was still a fan, I'd probably really like it.

Back