New Music Thread

This is interesting musically, but vocals are embarassingly bad and monotone.

Someone here might like it tho.

@Brigantium

Or if you like that sort of stuff check out Ereb Altor who just released a cover album of old Bathory songs:

They're quite capable themselves though:

They're more distinctive, sounds like they have some folk influence.

This is interesting musically, but vocals are embarassingly bad and monotone.

Someone here might like it tho.
There's an art to a good growl and I'm not sure he's really got it. I'd like to hear that it with a different vocalist.

Headspace has a new album out. Their singer is Damian Wilson, who does a lot of work with Ayreon and is on both Star One albums. They also have Rick Wakeman's son on keyboards. I haven't heard it yet, but their last album was one of the best progressive metal albums I've heard in a very long time.

No matter how many times I've heard Threshold or Maiden United, I still haven't decided if I like Damian Wilson's voice or not. Cool song, though.

So I just listened to it. The whole album was a bit of a blur for me (as expected) but the song Secular Soul floored me. Wasn't expecting anything that good.

I like Damian Wilson. I can see how some would find him annoying, but I'm glad they went with someone with his type of voice rather than a generic Metalcore leftover or something. It gives the music a nice contrast.

New Kvelertak song (their third album is coming out on May 13th). Well, I love some of their stuff, but this didn't impress me... I don't like it at all, to be honest.

Need to try and get my hands on this album. They made a really classic thrash/death album in 1987 called Journey Into Mystery

And now they're back with only their second album since then:

Last edited:
Considering Black Label Society went to shit after 3-4 albums, it's good to hear Zakk getting back to some acoustic stuff. Book of Shadows (which came out 20 years ago!!!) is a solid record and I'm excited to hear Zakk doing some non-Ozzy imitation vocals. Plus, cool solo as always:

I don't understand why such a talented singer has to resort to stunt albums like this:

Heavy Rock Radio - covers album

Tracklist:
01. I Know There's Something Going On
02. Running Up That Hill
03. Rev On The Red Line
04. You're The Voice
05. Live To Win
06. Don't Stop Believin'
07. Killer Queen
08. Hotel California
09. Rainbow In The Dark
10. The Final Frontier
11. Stormbringer
12. Die Young

It's a shame this guy can't just get a solid band going with original music anymore.

Back