New Music Thread

Extremely bland stuff. :p It's weird that none of the Maiden kids does anything more ambitious. All their bands sound like playing some generic music just for the sake of it.

Kerrang fodder. :S Generic clean-cut stuff seems to be very popular at the younger end of the scale. I've heard worse, it's not a bad tune, just nothing exceptional.

I don't find it surprising honestly. When has the offspring of great musicians ever lived up to their parents? Most of the time they're very skilled technically but have nothing artistically interesting to say, which makes sense.

Nice solo!

Very tasty.
That's what was missing from the previous album IMO.
Frusciante is such an emotional player and Flea hasn't been able or carry the band on his own without him.
Lamp wick, you won't find many Peppers fans on here, but I like them a lot.

Last edited:
Good stuff. Great solo, reminds me of Skunkworks.
I like Peppers, I just don't dig Frusciante's style of sound. So I'll check out this album. I like them mostly because of rhythm section (Chad Smith is a Maiden fan, ya know?), I'm neutral towards Kiedis and my favourite song/album is Knock Me Down/Mother's Milk.

re: As Lions: Not a fan of the production, but I can't say I dislike the song. Chorus stays in the head.

The RHCP song is decent. But the band is definitely lacking punch without Frusciante.

Danger Mouse's effect is heard all over the production, btw.

Something about RHCP really irritates me and this new song is no exception. Yes, the solo was nice and there were a few nods to pre-Californication Peppers (the good stuff) but meeh, it's mostly more of the same, and they still sound annoying as fuck to me...:D

It's strange. I never had a problem with his vocals back in the day...but I guess they weren't as indie/pop back then as they are today. His vocals sounded much better on the straight funk rock/metal they used to do.

He's never gonna give it up:

Possibly the most poorly directed music video I've ever seen. But honestly, the song's not that bad for pop...

Conversely, I find that exceptionally bland for pop. It's like standard Saturday night TV talent show material.

Oh, it's ludicrously bland, but it's not offensively bad in any way (other than the video). I'll take this over the dance-pop and atonal hip-hop that's currently dominating the music world.

Hmm. I think I'll stick with dance pop - if it's done well - and moderately atonal hip hop. The Saturday night family-friendly talent show stuff wore thin for me about a decade ago.

Yeah, I'm with Brigs here. That song is exactly the type of pop that I immensely dislike. Pop music usually isn't terribly intelligent or artistic; but it's fun and gets you to loosen up. Not the case here, it's just flat out boring.

Current dance pop scene is usually cliché EDM stuff, which isn't good, but quality dance pop is always welcome.

Eh, different strokes. I despise the current EDM dance pop stuff. It just makes me angry. Rampant autotune, obnoxious beats, not a real instrument to be found...I'd rather listen to a construction site.

Hey, I dislike the current dance pop scene, too. Very rare that a song that I like comes up. It used to be good though, 80s, 90s and early 2000s.

Back