Metallica Survivor 2013: Results Thread - Fade to Black wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Top Ten:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7: Battery
8: Blackened
9: The Four Horsemen
10: Seek and Destroy

Bells (should've gone a long time ago)
Sanitarium (great but the others are better)
One (actually "one" (lolz) of my least favorites from Justice)

It's about time Battery lost. It's been in here waaaaaaaaaayyyy too long.

Also, I can't be the only one who thinks at least one or two "90s-and-possibly-beyond" Metallica tunes should be in the top 10 (looking at you, Unforgiven, and maybe something from Load). I love old Metallica and all (well not so much their debut), but come on...

Also, I can't be the only one who thinks at least one or two "90s-and-possibly-beyond" Metallica tunes should be in the top 10 (looking at you, Unforgiven, and maybe something from Load). I love old Metallica and all (well not so much their debut), but come on...

I very much agree. The fact that there is nothing off of the Black Album is ridiculous, and I would put at least one or two Load/ReLoad songs in there (at least top 15). But, it's a metal board, and it's a commonly known "fact" that Metallica stopped being metal in 1989.

I have a couple of Black Album songs close to the top 10 but you guys killed the ones that I liked earlier on. I also have a Death Magnetic song or 2 in the top 10 but again, that died as well. Load is decent, but there's no massively brilliant song on there but there are a few very good ones. And then stuff like Seek and Destroy gets there <_<

it's a commonly known "fact" that Metallica stopped being metal in 1989.

I'd agree that Load/ReLoad were mostly hard rock and not metal. But while the Black Album may be more commercial than their previous works, no one can deny that it is a metal album. The same goes for Death Magnetic, which wasn't all that commercial (with every song being 6+ minutes).

I have a couple of Black Album songs close to the top 10 but you guys killed the ones that I liked earlier on. I also have a Death Magnetic song or 2 in the top 10 but again, that died as well. Load is decent, but there's no massively brilliant song on there but there are a few very good ones. And then stuff like Seek and Destroy gets there

I'm still not sure how a song like Seek could make it. In general I find their debut to be incredibly weak; the only album I'd consider lower quality is (of course) St. Anger. As for the Black Album and Death Magnetic, there's at least one song from each that would be in my top 10 (and they're thematically linked!) I was listening to the Black Album the other day for the first time in a long time and the tracks I used to not give much thought are the ones I now love more than ever. The God That Failed, My Friend of Misery (with that haunting middle section), Of Wolf and Man, Holier Than Thou, Don't Tread On Me... all pretty solid songs. The only "hit" songs I'm attracted to are The Unforgiven and Sad But True. Enter Sandman is practically the definition of the word overrated.

Top Ten:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6: For Whom the Bell Tolls
7: Battery
8: Blackened
9: The Four Horsemen
10: Seek and Destroy

TWO VOTES ONLY!!