Metallica Survivor 2013: Results Thread - Fade to Black wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
I'm pretty pleased I guess. Justice should've made the top 10.
Just a heads up, I'm starting the Megadeth survivor tomorrow. so get listening people.

Thanks for hosting!

I guess I can say I'm pretty satisfied with the results but at the same time, theres some songs that should have made it higher.

Absolutely satisfied. Fade to Black wins, which means that the world's order has been maintained.
Thanks for hosting, Mosh!

Fade to Black and Creeping Death at #1 and #2 is awesome. I also have One at like #4 so seeing it third is also good. And as much as I don't like Puppets, I was still expecting it to be up there so I'm fine with that. The only song that definitely doesn't deserve to be here is Seek and Destroy and I would have liked to have seen Ride the Lightning, Disposable Heroes and All Nightmare Long make the top 10, with Four Horseman being higher. However, overall the list is fine.

Last edited:
Not satisfied. My personal top 10 would look quite different (in no particular order):

- Blackened
- Bleeding Me
- Fixxxer
- Harvester of Sorrow
- No Leaf Clover
- Orion
- Sad But True
- The Unforgiven
- The Unforgiven III
- Until it Sleeps

Thanks for hosting! I think Horsemen should have ended up much higher but for the rest I am satisfied.

Cheers for hosting, Mosh! We don't need a tiebreak on overall opinion of the results, do we? ;)

I said this earlier at some point during this survivor, but I'm not happy that all of the top 10 are from the band's first four albums. Is it surprising? Not at all. But their later albums (excluding St. Anger, of course) have some amazing, well-written material on there that, in my opinion, had a lot more heart put into it than the likes of Battery or Creeping Death.

As for Kill 'Em All, don't even get me started. I don't think there's one song on that entire album that would've made my top 20. Or top 30, or probably even top 40.

Back