1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metal with female vocals

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by Night Prowler, May 11, 2011.

1. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

The Gentle Storm project is pretty cool. Anneke does some different things on there, it's a much more raw performance for her overall I think, especially compared to what she does with Devin Townsend.

If you check it out though, ignore the "heavy" version.

2. SixesAlltheway

SixesAlltheway Yacht Rock

Not metal..but I see stuff like Nightwish being posted here soo...:innocent:

Here's some heavy psych!

3. SixesAlltheway

4. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

Catchy! I love such chord schemes. Song could be shorter though.

SixesAlltheway likes this.
  5. SixesAlltheway

Also been listening to this band, some very clear 70's hard rock influences in Purple, Sabbath etc.

6. SixesAlltheway

Seeing live next month probably :ok:

7. SixesAlltheway

Top female vocals doom band!

MrKnickerbocker likes this.
  8. SixesAlltheway

Great Evil Dead inspired music video :D

9. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

HOLY SHIT I LOVE THIS.

10. SixesAlltheway

They're from Portland, OR. Sadly I'm not sure what the status is with the band. The singer, Uta Plotkin left after that album :( But they've got 4 albums of brilliant doom metal to dig into at least!

[​IMG]

Forostar likes this.
  11. MrKnickerbocker

I'm generally not a fan of doom metal, but give me a good female singer doing bluesy stuff and I'm all in.

12. SixesAlltheway

Posting this here as well!

Great band! :D

13. Pand

Pand Ancient Mariner

Swiss all-female metal band Burning Witches releasing debut album soon. I don't like it, but I suppose YOU might do.

14. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

Serbian all-female melodeath band:

15. MrKnickerbocker

I was hoping for that to be good...but those vocals and production are just bad.

Also, interesting that an all female band would make a music video in which they are tied up and scared.

16. Pand

Pand Ancient Mariner

I don't think anyone's mentioned Dutch death metallers Acrostichon. Fairly average musically, but their vocallist Corinne delivers some really brutal sounds. Here's the opening track from their 1993 album Engraved in Black:

And a live video to see Corinne and friends in action:

17. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

Technical death

JudasMyGuide likes this.
  18. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

This topic can't exist without the wonderful album Mana by symfonic/gothic metal band Nemesea with the wonderful Manda Ophuis on vocals. Today she left the band.
    Dear friends and fans,
    After a long period struggling with personal issues, it is with a heavy heart that I have decided to relinquish my dream to be a singer.
    I will, therefor, no longer be a part of Nemesea.
    Within the next couple of weeks the band will inform you about their future plans.
    For now, I want to thank everyone who has supported the band and I in all the years we've been around. I have so many great memories that I will cherish forever.
    Love,
    Manda

The music on Mana (2004) is really good and she's one of the better singers out there. Whole album:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhONkwqxk_1czvUxVSXDanqOq3SAQ5eKt

A few songs:

Later Nemesea went more poppy. This vid is from a few months ago (very difficult for me to watch since a daughter is dying in it). I wonder what they'll do without Manda.

19. SixesAlltheway

Phantom Blue

20. SixesAlltheway

UK all female metal outfit. They put out three albums in the 80s. This is a song from the debut recorded live at the Marquee.