Metal with female vocals

Just read about these guys in Terrorizer, they've been around a while but I've never heard them before

I know I'm probably reinventing the wheel here, but recently I've discovered these folks

They're from Italy, very melodic, decent musicianship and their singer is very pleasant to my ear.

Very cool news from The Gathering, Imagine Maiden would do something like this!
- - - - - - -

First, congratulations to our singer Silje Wergeland with her birthday today!

Today, one year ago we celebrated our TG 25th birthday party in Doornroosje, Nijmegen. It was one of our greatest gigs ever! We will never forget the joy of playing all together, and seeing so many people from all over the world in the audience!
That day the audio of both shows was recorded and a lot of pictures were taken. For the last months we have been mixing, mastering and shaping all this into a brand new release, called: 'TG25 Live at Doornroosje'.
We are very pleased with the results and we can not wait to share it with all of you.
So keep an eye on our FB page and web shop this week
This is from The Gathering: 25 Years of Diving into the Unknown - Special Anniversary (evening) Show at Doornroosje, Nijmegen (NL)

From the same camera operator, enjoy!

I didn't know who Silje Wergeland was. She was guest vocalist on one of Katatonia's songs. The video is of her one-off live appearance with Katatonia on their Unplugged and Reworked tour.

Anneke doesn't sound like herself in that video at all. I think she's going for a more operatic style there, not sure if I like it.

Impressed by that girl on guitar for The Gentle Storm, according to Metal Archives she's now in Delain too, just not in that video. She's also in MaYaN, another great Dutch sympho band.

Anneke has several sides. I like the interplay with the backing vocalist, Marcela Bovio (Stream of Passion), who is a very strong singer herself.

Here a golden oldie:

And check this out!!
live (even longer ago) with Arjen Lucassen, Lori Linstruth (now this woman rules on guitar!) and her sister Diana on backing vocals.

@Night Prowler you mean Merel Bechtold?
Saw her live with Mayan. She is very good, very tight kick ass rhythm player. She did one solo and I felt it was strained, not that good. However, on YouTube she pulls off some nice (self recorded) leads. Haven't heard studio work from her. She is young and has a big future ahead.
I know this is about vocalists but I can't resist to post this vid:
From 2.26! :shred:

Last edited:
Back