Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

That's a given. And that's most likely on next non-album tour, which is likely next year.
There was that video during the pandemic where Bruce was playing on the IM pinball machine and he mentions Rime. He said something like ‘you wish we were playing that’. I never thought that would do it again but that video got me thinking it would be a possibility one day.

However I think it is the same video that talks about the high quality recording on Nights of the Dead… not sure I can trust the source anymore.

Considering how adventourous they have been recently, IMO, this is not impossible:

White stage, snow drapes, snow backdrop. - SSOASS world
1. Moonchild
2. The Evil That Men Do (would love Infinite Dreams here, but let's be real)
3. The Clairvoyant
4. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

Extended Powerslave intro, drapes changed to the Egyptian theme
5. Powerslave
6. 2 Minutes To Midnight
7. Rime Of The Acient Mariner

Some kind of tape, stage changed to starry sky drapes and backdrop
8. Wasted Years
9. Alexander The Great
10. Phantom Of The Opera
11. Fear Of The Dark (fits into this theme)
12. Iron Maiden

Encore, some kind of promo theme:
13. Brave New World
14. The Trooper
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Considering what we saw, Nicko would have major problems with RTTH, so that one is out. Would avoid Aces High at this age, if I was them.
I think Infinite Dreams has a chance since Nicko plays it with his solo band.
I don't expect Moonchild (wasn't there a rumor they rehearsed it for the current tour?), it's not an easy song, without skipping fills. Like almost all songs from the album. Hallowed too. Also, six long song in one set? And they should play more deep cuts. Rime and Seventh Son are I guess.
Bruce was playing on the IM pinball machine and he mentions Rime. He said something like ‘you wish we were playing that’...
He knows it's a very popular song.
I would like to see them go all in on screens. Think of all the animated Eddie stuff they could do
I highly doubt it. It would be cool for sure, but I still prefer backdrops. Backdrops and two screens as for the current tour is perfect.

the fact that there are people who think they are booking stadiums for a rare songs tour is beyond me. We'll be lucky if there is one to please the die hard fans. The rest will be hits and maybe the odd song that hasn't been played in a while but casual fans know well.

the fact that there are people who think they are booking stadiums for a rare songs tour is beyond me. We'll be lucky if there is one to please the die hard fans. The rest will be hits and maybe the odd song that hasn't been played in a while but casual fans know well.

I partly agree with this.
We know they are booking stadiums. This doesn't automatically mean they're going to do a full stadium tour (they always play stadiums here and there), but working with what we know so far it doesn't look good for deep cuts. That being said, there are some popular songs which have not been played for a while now, Rime is one example.

Of course they won't play X Factor in full, but having a "greatest hits" setlist doesn't mean we can't get a couple of less popular songs (they played FTGGOG in 2018/19 and, as I love that song, I can't deny the fact that most of the crowd went silent with that) and some other rare but popular songs (Rime, Phantom).

Given that Future Past is a new album/neglected older album deep cuts tour and that 2025 will be the 50th anniversary of the band, it feels like a safe bet that they will pivot back to a Greatest Hits style tour for the next, possibly final, cycle.

Given that Future Past is a new album/neglected older album deep cuts tour and that 2025 will be the 50th anniversary of the band, it feels like a safe bet that they will pivot back to a Greatest Hits style tour for the next, possibly final, cycle.
I agree with this point of view.

Rime is a song that is not ruined when played at a slower pace. The absence of yelling or high-pitched chorus benefits Bruce, but he might need to tweak the scream after the interlude. It would be great to see it back on the setlist.

Of course they won't play X Factor in full, but having a "greatest hits" setlist doesn't mean we can't get a couple of less popular songs (they played FTGGOG in 2018/19 and, as I love that song, I can't deny the fact that most of the crowd went silent with that) and some other rare but popular songs (Rime, Phantom).
Just a fun side note, in 2019 there was a drunk guy in front of me head banging extremely hard to the middle section of FTGGoG. It made me very happy to see that. Who knows if he was a die hard Maiden fan or just a casual, but I’d like to believe the music was speaking to his casual heart :edmetal:

Well, it will not be really a rare song tour, but some rare songs can be on the setlist for sure.

Just a fun side note, in 2019 there was a drunk guy in front of me head banging extremely hard to the middle section of FTGGoG. It made me very happy to see that. Who knows if he was a die hard Maiden fan or just a casual, but I’d like to believe the music was speaking to his casual heart :edmetal:
Drunk people can be the worst or the best to have close when you're at a show :D

Back