Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

I bet "Rime Of The Ancient Mariner", "Infinite Dreams" and "To Tame A Land" could be in the setlist next year for a possible "rare + hit" songs tour.
I agree. A few rare songs are possible. It should even be expected, now.
the fact that there are people who think they are booking stadiums for a rare songs tour is beyond me. We'll be lucky if there is one to please the die hard fans. The rest will be hits and maybe the odd song that hasn't been played in a while but casual fans know well.
Stadium tour or not, Maiden couldn't care less. They also don't care that much if a song is popular or received that well live. They will chose the songs they want to play. By this logic, the current tour is not for festivals. It depends on the country really. The shows are sold out in advance anyway. It won't matter, and because the songs will be great live and not that much. Plus they won't play new songs.

Let's see:
The current tour has 4 rare songs (plus the new songs), the Legacy tour had 5 rare songs - so I think such number again is possible. I kind of doubt they will want to repeat the classics (more or less) from the previous Hits tour.
Exactly, most people want just the hits.
Which is odd because of Maiden's great overall discography. I don't get it, the same songs on every tour.
but working with what we know so far it doesn't look good for deep cuts.
Why? The band themselves (Bruce and Nicko, the songs are up to them now) have expressed a desire for more deep cuts. 4 or 5 at most, regardless of the theme of the tour. It should be a special tour, so it should have a special setlist and stage. I hope so.
Given that Future Past is a new album/neglected older album deep cuts tour and that 2025 will be the 50th anniversary of the band, it feels like a safe bet that they will pivot back to a Greatest Hits style tour for the next
Yeah. They also could have easily jumped into another album tour, because of the SIT songs. It wouldn't have been odd.
Rime is a song that is not ruined when played at a slower pace. The absence of yelling or high-pitched chorus benefits Bruce, but he might need to tweak the scream after the interlude.
It's not the fastest (this doesn't matter much), but it's not an easy song for Nicko, and Bruce. Don't worry about the scream. A special song for special tours.

Last edited:
Why? The band themselves (Bruce and Nicko, the songs are up to them now) have expressed a desire for more deep cuts. 4 or 5 at most, regardless of the theme of the tour. It should be a special tour, so it should have a special setlist and stage. I hope so.

Because for big/stadium shows you have to sell tickets to casual fans in order to fill the place up. Even if they go out to play songs like To Tame a Land or The Prophecy it would be different from them playing Aces High or Trooper. Honestly, people says all the time "nah, I want the songs until Seventh Son, don't want the new ones" but in reality the majority of people (especially casual fans) would scream their hearts out to If Eternity Should Fail and Hell on Earth instead to Still Life or Only the Good Die Young.

Powertrip wasn't a Maiden show.
People barely knew songs like Highway to Hell or Sweet Child o Mine too.
Precisely why they should have mostly played their well known songs. This was a unique gig and had they given a shit they should have adjusted the setlist to go over better with a largely non-Maiden crowd. They had 2 months to prepare for it. But Maiden do what they want, for better or worse.

Precisely why they should have mostly played their well known songs. This was a unique gig and had they given a shit they should have adjusted the setlist to go over better with a largely non-Maiden crowd. They had 2 months to prepare for it. But Maiden do what they want, for better or worse.
And honestly I love Maiden for not doing that. People would've known maybe Trooper anyway.

The crowd had more than two months, they should've listened to more of Maiden's material. :D

In all seriousness though, if I'd forked out fuck knows how much for a Powertrip ticket (or any festival) I'd actually bother to actually listen to some of the headliner's material if I wasn't already familiar. Powertrip was also advertised as part of the Future Past tour, the punters could easily have looked up what the band were playing.

Powertrip wasn't a Maiden show.
People barely knew songs like Highway to Hell or Sweet Child o Mine too.
Really? Anyone in America who listens to Rock knows these two songs. They are stalwarts on Classic Rock radio. Maiden, not so much. All the acts are from the 80's except TOOL which formed in 1990. Just how young do you think this crowd was?

I know that many would want to hear Run to the Hills, The Number of the Beast and Hallowed, but even without them, the current set still has a plenty of big classics (The Trooper, Fear of the Dark, Wasted Years, Madness...)... so if a speculated hits/anniversary/whatever tour 2025 will not have as many "new" songs, it leaves room for a couple of more classic additions, roughly two songs from 2000 onwards and deeper cuts equivalent to the Future Past tour.

As often talked, after a couple of "lazier" tours (2011 and, to some extent, 2012-14) The Book of Souls cycle brought some fresh thinking to their setlist building and it has carried over to the Legacy & Future Past tours and judging by the various interviews where especially Bruce and Nicko have expressed their interest at playing certain less-played classics and such, I think we're not going to be immensely disappointed, whatever the theme or title the next tour will be labelled under.

Sure, the hits-deep cuts ratio might not be quite as cool as some wish and yes, the omission of this or that (be it To Tame a Land, Infinite Dreams or whatever) deep cut might disappoint some, but in all honesty, I'm somehow very... trusting when it comes to small handful of setlists they have left for us. :)

Really? Anyone in America who listens to Rock knows these two songs. They are stalwarts on Classic Rock radio. Maiden, not so much. All the acts are from the 80's except TOOL which formed in 1990. Just how young do you think this crowd was?
The guy you’re responding to has posted nothing but nonsense in this thread without any facts or sources to back up his opinions/speculation. He didn’t attend the shows and has said he doesn’t live in America, but named probably the two biggest rock songs in the USA by the two biggest rock bands in the USA as songs people “barely know.” Pure insanity.

The thing with festivals in the states is that they don’t really happen much. @Iron Lurker is right that it’s not “ not something that never happened before” (excuse the double negative). I think they serve a very different audience than festivals in Europe, which occur every year and any given festival will feature a bunch of bands (with many repeat appearances). Not to mention just a higher geographic density of festivals.

I was living outside Indio during Power Trip and can tell you the following:

1: There were ads for an upcoming GNR show on billboards in LA BEFORE the Power Trip concert occurred, so the common rumor that bands had to agree not to play other shows in the territory at the very least did not apply to some bands.

2: Some of these bands really don’t tour the states very much, so getting them altogether is something. Ozzy had to pull out but if I’m not mistaken this would have been his first appearance here post pandemic.

3: The “California desert” area is a mix of wealthy tourists and people from LA with second homes or just going out of the city. It’s very wealthy and also a demographic extension of LA (think the type of character Bruce sings about in Tattooed Millionaire). These are many of the folks who probably attended Power Trip.

This is just to say that the appeal of Power Trip was less to people who love every band and more to people who have a lot of disposable income and went for the opportunity to be at the hottest rock music event of the year and cross 6 mega bands off the list to see live. It didn’t matter what they played because it was more about just doing a trendy thing. So I see Maiden’s Setlist less as a middle finger to the casuals (although I’m sure there’s some of that) and more just based on the knowledge that a lot of the people didn’t really care what they played and cared more about the hype of the event itself. It’s just not worth the extra rehearsal time if the result is going to be the same. The stereotype about LA people not giving a shit is true - they spend all that money to take selfies and get fucked up, Run to the Hills or no Run to the Hills.

Last edited:
The US is starting to do more hard rock/metal festivals but still nothing on the scale of Europe. I don't think any of them match the headliners for Powertrip. Too bad Ozzy had to withdraw in what could have been his final live performance (don't know if he's still saying he wants to perform again but I doubt that will happen)

So, leaving the drama and Power Trip out of this, I might have another two reasons to believe all the rumors about the stadium tour are not wrong.

So, tell us more, please.

I don't know how reliable it is and I'm waiting for some confirmations, so take it with a grain of salt. The fact this guy (whom proved himself to be reliable in the past) just spilled the beans in the open without worrying about anything seems weird to me but anyway:

Final talks are being made about Italy, with Turin and Udine leading the race. Now, I don't know if that "and" means that they're both plausible and only one will end up being the venue or if they want to play both. I would say it's just one or the another, but being the stadium in Udine really small (with Maiden's current stage I doubt they could go past 19/20k people) it wouldn't work as the only show in the country. I mean, it could, but it would be way less than the usual turnout.

At the same time, if they want to play a big show in Austria (which sounds plausible since they skipped the country in 2023) having a show in Udine might not be the most brilliant idea.

I don't know how reliable it is and I'm waiting for some confirmations, so take it with a grain of salt. The fact this guy (whom proved himself to be reliable in the past) just spilled the beans in the open without worrying about anything seems weird to me but anyway:

Final talks are being made about Italy, with Turin and Udine leading the race. Now, I don't know if that "and" means that they're both plausible and only one will end up being the venue or if they want to play both. I would say it's just one or the another, but being the stadium in Udine really small (with Maiden's current stage I doubt they could go past 19/20k people) it wouldn't work as the only show in the country. I mean, it could, but it would be way less than the usual turnout.

At the same time, if they want to play a big show in Austria (which sounds plausible since they skipped the country in 2023) having a show in Udine might not be the most brilliant idea.
Last time they easily filled 25k stadium in Austria, so they tend to book a bigger venue. I'm wondering what about Eastern Europe (Poland, Hungary, Czech Rep.) and Scandinavia. Sweden is obvious, but Norway and Finland - festivals?

Last time they easily filled 25k stadium in Austria, so they tend to book a bigger venue. I'm wondering what about Eastern Europe (Poland, Hungary, Czech Rep.) and Scandinavia. Sweden is obvious, but Norway and Finland - festivals?

The stadium in Wiener was quite a surprise, because even if it wasn't big it sold out pretty quickly (or at least, the only remaining seats for months were those with limited view). I doubt they could do Ernst Happel, but the stadium in Klagenfurt might be an option, hence my comment about the stadium in Udine (it's less than a 2h drive from one city to another).

I might know something about Poland but I can't really say anything.

I'm not sure they will do stadiums in Sweden, or at least not Ullevi. Sweden Rock is becoming bigger and bigger and will probably make an offer to the band which would be stupid to refuse. They might play Tele2 Arena in Stockholm too, same as 2018.

Sales for Finland have dropped significantly since 2008, when they sold out two stadiums in no time. I think the lowest point was 2022, when they played to 20/25k people on a big festival on a saturday after 4 years of absence. That being said, in 2023 the shows in Tampere sold out in literally minutes, so who knows.

For Czech Republic I guess it will either be Letnany Airport or Sinobo Stadium again. The 2022 Prague show sold out in 2019, I think, and the two arena shows in 2023 sold out in a couple of weeks (mostly due to the fact that they didn't put all tickets on sale from the start but they were opening sections little by little).

Hungary wasn't that great in 2022, I wouldn't be surprised if they skip it or they return to Volt festival (which, for Maiden, has always sold out faster than other artists).

Back