Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

I think the fact that Nicko is still not fully recovered is one of the reasons why they are delaying the new album. The reason is understandable and the best in the case.

Nicko's drumming last year for the tour was really solid, with some songs like Wasted Years or Trooper sounding tired, which is normal. Even with the different approach of the drumming for the songs and skipping most of the fills, the performances and songs didn't suffer. It was all good and enjoyable, as always. When a faster song sounds slow, that's worse for me.
The songs did suffer, actually. Just compare Hell on Earth to the album version: without the "fills, it loses something.

I don't know how reliable it is and I'm waiting for some confirmations, so take it with a grain of salt. The fact this guy (whom proved himself to be reliable in the past) just spilled the beans in the open without worrying about anything seems weird to me but anyway:

Final talks are being made about Italy, with Turin and Udine leading the race.

Turned out those were just educated guesses.

The stadium in Wiener was quite a surprise, because even if it wasn't big it sold out pretty quickly (or at least, the only remaining seats for months were those with limited view). I doubt they could do Ernst Happel, but the stadium in Klagenfurt might be an option, hence my comment about the stadium in Udine (it's less than a 2h drive from one city to another).

I might know something about Poland but I can't really say anything.

I'm not sure they will do stadiums in Sweden, or at least not Ullevi. Sweden Rock is becoming bigger and bigger and will probably make an offer to the band which would be stupid to refuse. They might play Tele2 Arena in Stockholm too, same as 2018.

Sales for Finland have dropped significantly since 2008, when they sold out two stadiums in no time. I think the lowest point was 2022, when they played to 20/25k people on a big festival on a saturday after 4 years of absence. That being said, in 2023 the shows in Tampere sold out in literally minutes, so who knows.

For Czech Republic I guess it will either be Letnany Airport or Sinobo Stadium again. The 2022 Prague show sold out in 2019, I think, and the two arena shows in 2023 sold out in a couple of weeks (mostly due to the fact that they didn't put all tickets on sale from the start but they were opening sections little by little).

Hungary wasn't that great in 2022, I wouldn't be surprised if they skip it or they return to Volt festival (which, for Maiden, has always sold out faster than other artists).
I'm from Poland could you tell me if they plan a stadium show here in 2025?! Only the quick info. I'm dreaming about the Chorzów show at Silesian Stadium.

Gotta say, I really don't care about if Maiden are playing stadiums, arenas or other venues. I'm more interested in potential setlists and the visual design of upcoming tours than the logistics and planning of the tour. If they're playing reasonably close to where I live, I'll go and see them regardless of the venue. It's too early for more concrete rumours about 2025 and beyond though, so I'll have to wait a while before anything interesting (to me) gets teased or leaked.

I don't know how reliable it is and I'm waiting for some confirmations, so take it with a grain of salt. The fact this guy (whom proved himself to be reliable in the past) just spilled the beans in the open without worrying about anything seems weird to me but anyway:

Final talks are being made about Italy, with Turin and Udine leading the race. Now, I don't know if that "and" means that they're both plausible and only one will end up being the venue or if they want to play both. I would say it's just one or the another, but being the stadium in Udine really small (with Maiden's current stage I doubt they could go past 19/20k people) it wouldn't work as the only show in the country. I mean, it could, but it would be way less than the usual turnout.

At the same time, if they want to play a big show in Austria (which sounds plausible since they skipped the country in 2023) having a show in Udine might not be the most brilliant idea.

Any chance of Florence?

It's too early for more concrete rumours about 2025

It's not even april and we know:

- Stadium shows are being booked
- They're gonna tour Europe
- It's not gonna be Future Past again (this alone is a big one)
- There will be something to celebrate 50 years of Maiden
- other stuff I can't remember right now

As written in the first post, threads don't expire and we all can read it at a later date. I made this one because at first we were speculating about 2025 in the 2024 thread.

We know a lot of things which we shouldn't know at this point, which means behind the scenes things are going fast. I think we might expect an announce earlier than usual.

Any chance of Florence?

Are you talking about the stadium or the Firenze Rock festival?

The stadium could be a choice for a Maiden show and I'm sure it would sell out, but with Firenze Rocks happening I doubt major big bands will make a stop at the stadium.

About the festival, the promoter who wanted to bring Maiden at San Siro (who we can deduce he's the one working on their show) is a different one from Live Nation, which owns Firenze Rocks. This should rule out that festival, but in 2018 they played two shows with him as well as Firenze Rocks, so there is a small chance.

It's not even april and we know:

- Stadium shows are being booked
- They're gonna tour Europe
- It's not gonna be Future Past again (this alone is a big one)
- There will be something to celebrate 50 years of Maiden
- other stuff I can't remember right now

As written in the first post, threads don't expire and we all can read it at a later date. I made this one because at first we were speculating about 2025 in the 2024 thread.

We know a lot of things which we shouldn't know at this point, which means behind the scenes things are going fast. I think we might expect an announce earlier than usual.
And probably they announce something at the end of Summer. I hope they announce last two shows in South America 2024.

Are you talking about the stadium or the Firenze Rock festival?

The stadium could be a choice for a Maiden show and I'm sure it would sell out, but with Firenze Rocks happening I doubt major big bands will make a stop at the stadium.

About the festival, the promoter who wanted to bring Maiden at San Siro (who we can deduce he's the one working on their show) is a different one from Live Nation, which owns Firenze Rocks. This should rule out that festival, but in 2018 they played two shows with him as well as Firenze Rocks, so there is a small chance.

Yeah I was at Firenze Rocks in 2018 which is why I'm curious, I liked the city and wouldn't mind a trip back

That festival is a bit messy to be honest. Unlike other big festivals they probably can't afford big acts so there are just maybe 2 or 3 dates with smaller bands. I doubt they can convince Maiden to go there but you never know.

You tried to bring this whole thread down from the first post, making false claims and accusations. I don't know what your problem is but you should chill out. Not interested in the thread or what we have to say? Don't read it.
He's a moderator. It's literally his job to keep threads on track and to keep folks from buying into baseless claims and "insider" information with no actual facts presented.

Also, he's right. I'm not trying to "bring down the thread" either, but here's the facts:

1. You make a lot of statements that make it seem like you have insider information.
2. You provide no sources for this information.
3. You've been a member of this forum for less than a month.

These are literally the things moderators are supposed to look into. Don't be offended. Do be more transparent.

I do have some inside info, but of course I can't and I won't share them. That being said, in the first post there is a summary of stuff Bruce talked about and other things. It's not all based on nothing.
You're not the first person to show up here with "inside info" who "can't and won't" reveal sources. Not calling you a liar or trying to criticize you, but it is what it is: you will be met with skepticism and suspicion.
A moderator should intervene if someone is, for example, insulting other members, intentionally creating an hostile climate or even spilling the beans about Maiden's future plans (for the sake of the forum, I guess). Nothing of this is happening here. Sometimes we talk about possible venues, sometimes we talk about possible setlists, sometimes we talk about meaningless stuff. The only hostility I saw was from him the moment I started this thread (which was actually needed since people were talking about next year in the 2024 thread). And again: we're discussing. Even if we had nothing certain to go by, we can still talk about next year. From what I see it's one of the most active thread in the forum so I think some people are interested.
Definitely, this is a place for discussion. I would say that you have a tendency to post your theories as facts, which can be problematic.

All for discussion, let's keep it to discussion and not conjecture.

I don't want any drama here, just a safe space to talk about what Maiden will/could do next year.

I deleted my previous posts, so no one gets confused. If the moderator thinks this thread is useless and that I post nothing useful he can go ahead and close the thread, it won't be the end of my/our lives. Not being a victim here, I just don't see the point in writing things that "upset" people and I don't want any beef with other Maiden fans, especially because of something this stupid.

Let's return to the 2025 discussions.

I'm really curious what the guys do with the setlist next year. I think there's room to please everyone with a greatest hits set that includes a few deep cuts. Something like:

Wickerman
2 Minutes To Midnight
Writing On The Wall
Only The Good Die Young
Wasted Years
Infinite Dreams
Trooper
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Run To The Hills
Number Of The Beast
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden
Alexander
Evil That Men Do
Hallowed

I'm really curious what the guys do with the setlist next year. I think there's room to please everyone with a greatest hits set that includes a few deep cuts. Something like:

Wickerman
2 Minutes To Midnight
Writing On The Wall
Only The Good Die Young
Wasted Years
Infinite Dreams
Trooper
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Run To The Hills
Number Of The Beast
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden
Alexander
Evil That Men Do
Hallowed
Great proposition imho.

I would just really like to hear Dance of Death and Rime live in my lifetime. I also wouldn’t mind some Still Life, Die With Your Boots On, Infinite Dreams, and more Brave New World and Dance of Death songs. Shiiit, I’d even be super stoked to hear Sun and Steel.

Hopefully they would be booked at Klagenfurt (southern Austria on the border with Slovenia) stadium, that would be great. Slovenia, Croatia and Italy are neigbours.

Hungary wasn't that great in 2022, I wouldn't be surprised if they skip it or they return to Volt festival (which, for Maiden, has always sold out faster than other artists).
I disagree, 2022 was their record in Budapest (21k), previously they couldn't even fill Papp László Arena (14k).

Also, Volt festival doesn't exist anymore, and yes, they played to 35k+ there, but the reason for that was very cheap tickets. For example a front of stage ticket was 76 EUR in 2022, a day ticket to Volt in 2018 was barely 30. It was considered extremely cheap then, and absolutely everyone went there.

Honestly both of their gigs at Volt were horrendous from a crowd standpoint, I'm glad it's gone.

Back