Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

I really don't know what is wrong with Bruce's statement...he just basically says that they were doing their thing and didn't change anything at all in order to please "no regular Maiden fans". And also yeah, as a performer, it might be frustrating when the people at the front row seem to not know you at all and all they care is to film the whole thing instead of enjoying the moment! Can't see anything wrong here...sure Maiden was surely paid a lot of money but I think they have the right to express their opinion...Bruce isn't insulting anyone, just stating his opinon...of course he could have gone all hypocritical and say how amazing that was, that all the people in there were awesome but he's not really known for being an hypocrite so here it is...and this time he didn't insult anyone, just facts...

I really don't know what is wrong with Bruce's statement...he just basically says that they were doing their thing and didn't change anything at all in order to please "no regular Maiden fans". And also yeah, as a performer, it might be frustrating when the people at the front row seem to not know you at all and all they care is to film the whole thing instead of enjoying the moment! Can't see anything wrong here...sure Maiden was surely paid a lot of money but I think they have the right to express their opinion...Bruce isn't insulting anyone, just stating his opinon...of course he could have gone all hypocritical and say how amazing that was, that all the people in there were awesome but he's not really known for being an hypocrite so here it is...and this time he didn't insult anyone, just facts...

His comments are more insulting when you check the original source (he basically tells them to fuck off).

Anyway, let’s agree to disagree and move on.

Rich people filming rich people!

As usual, Bruce being disrespectful to the audiences who pay the ticket prices that allow him to live a lifestyle most people on Earth could only dream of. What a cunt muppet!

Someone should have told Bruce that they were the warm-up for Guns N’Roses though. :D
You never miss a chance to have a dig at Bruce do you. No matter the thread if there’s a chance to tell everyone how much of an (insert rude insult) you think Bruce is your straight in there.

I’m not saying Bruce is perfect, far from it but is there really a need to constantly run him down.

You never miss a chance to have a dig at Bruce do you. No matter the thread if there’s a chance to tell everyone how much of an (insert rude insult) you think Bruce is your straight in there.

I’m not saying Bruce is perfect, far from it but is there really a need to constantly run him down.
I disagree here. Bruce is in position of power. He's laughing his way to the bank. He perfectly earned all of his money, no grudges here. But also, there's no need to overidealise him. He's not powerless.
Example, imo, Elon Musks views are very questionable. And when I'm cursing him, it's not because I envy his money or status. It's because his status may influence some indecisive people. Money and status automatically does not make you wise. And there's difference, at least for me, if I criticize Bruce, it's more like I criticize my Uncle. If I criticize Musk, there's no family circle atachment.

I definitely agree here...It gets tiresome in the long run, same as with the ones constantly bashing Janick or Blaze, get over it, we all understood your point of view and opinion, no need to repeat it over and over again...from time to time, it's perfectly normal since I don't think any of them (as any of us) is perfect, but doing each and every time you have a chance to...gets really boring and annoying!

I disagree here. Bruce is in position of power. He's laughing his way to the bank. He perfectly earned all of his money, no grudges here. But also, there's no need to overidealise him. He's not powerless.
Example, imo, Elon Musks views are very questionable. And when I'm cursing him, it's not because I envy his money or status. It's because his status may influence some indecisive people. Money and status automatically does not make you wise. And there's difference, at least for me, if I criticize Bruce, it's more like I criticize my Uncle. If I criticize Musk, there's no family circle atachment.
Don’t think you understood my post.

I’m not saying Bruce shouldn’t be criticised and certainly don’t over idolise him.

My comment was aimed at Ghost of Cain as I’ve been floating around this forum for a few years now and every time there’s the slightest thing to bring up and run Bruce down you get Ghost of Caine will post it.

I really like his overall forum presence and most of his posts but it does get tiresome seeing him bash Bruce at every available opportunity. I’m old enough and wise enough to see Bruce’s faults and sometimes there are legitimate reasons to bring up his lesser qualities and discuss/debate them. But if you bring up every little thing it gets boring.

@AncientMariner_Essex, I understood your post, just tried to bring some logic behind critique, at least from my perspective.
As for @GhostofCain, in my eyes, his critique is not toxic but more tongue in cheek. He's acting like some sort of trickster (in archetypical sense). That's how I see it. I understand that constant bashing - even reasonable - may be tiresome. :nuts:

Last edited:
disney-pixar.gif

Who will be the headliners of the future? Can you see any band reaching Maiden’s status at any point in the next few years?

Who will be the headliners of the future?
I have been thinking the same thing.

Rockfest Finland has postponed the festival until 2025 because they couldnt get headliners for next year.

Downloads headliners don’t impress me much, and honestly many of the festivals for next year seem quite underwhelming.

Who will be the headliners of the future? Can you see any band reaching Maiden’s status at any point in the next few years?
Sabaton and Ghost are the most probable bands to reach Maiden's status...

I guess there will be some bands (not many options), maybe Sabaton (with their stage show and everything), but Maiden's status (or some of the other classic old bands), I don't think so. The competition for festival headliners won't be fierce. From the not so old bands, the likely candidates are Nightwish*, HammerFall and Primal Fear. If we have to go back a bit, Helloween and Stratovarius.

Back