Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Some collaboration, the brand is called 686 and they use the Trooper for the image, would it not make more sense to use a track that references a very similar number to the brands name?

Why are you not as excited as all of us?? It features celebrity testimonials and nine incredible graphic novel chapters based on those classic Iron Maiden songs!!
Sounds amazing. I’ve forgotten about a 40th anniversary edition with a live disc from the, and bought entirely into this book. Thanks for turning me over to your view! Who needs an official release from the World Piece tour anyway. Let’s go with this!

I tend to support Maiden most of the time and agree with a lot of things they do and the way they do it but when it comes to anniversary releases, I must say they're among the most ridiculous I've ever seen. For the 40th anniversary of the debut album, what did we get...a clear picture disc release..and that's it. For Killers did we get something??? Not sure...Then NoTB, one of their most iconic albums and what do we get??? The beast over hammersmith show on vinyl...which was nice but c'mon that's it???? And now PoM, again, an iconic album and nothing else than this...thing???
There are a lot of bands out there that don't have much to offer in terms of unreleased recordings when they release an anniversary thing but at least they do some research in order to make it a bit special (thinking about Jethro Tull when they've done it, we always had at least a 100 page booklet with a lot of stories inside, with some interviews, press clippings, etc. So even if there was nothing really new in terms of music, at least there was always something interesting)...oh well, I think like all the MAiden anniversary releases so far, I'll pass this one as well

I tend to support Maiden most of the time and agree with a lot of things they do and the way they do it but when it comes to anniversary releases, I must say they're among the most ridiculous I've ever seen. For the 40th anniversary of the debut album, what did we get...a clear picture disc release..and that's it. For Killers did we get something??? Not sure...Then NoTB, one of their most iconic albums and what do we get??? The beast over hammersmith show on vinyl...which was nice but c'mon that's it???? And now PoM, again, an iconic album and nothing else than this...thing???
There are a lot of bands out there that don't have much to offer in terms of unreleased recordings when they release an anniversary thing but at least they do some research in order to make it a bit special (thinking about Jethro Tull when they've done it, we always had at least a 100 page booklet with a lot of stories inside, with some interviews, press clippings, etc. So even if there was nothing really new in terms of music, at least there was always something interesting)...oh well, I think like all the MAiden anniversary releases so far, I'll pass this one as well
Jethro Tull Anniversary releases with Book format are amazing. The best package you could have as a collector. The booklet includes since the idea and preproduction of the album trough all the writing and recording process, songs, unreleased songs, production, interviews with members, producer, sound engineer , cover album, artist interview, release of the album, press reviews, tour, tour personnel picture, rare items… and the 4 or 5 discs with the original album, the remaster by S. Wilson, Live gig from that tour, a ton of unreleased songs, demos, …

Jethro Tull Anniversary releases with Book format are amazing. The best package you could have as a collector. The booklet includes since the idea and preproduction of the album trough all the writing and recording process, songs, unreleased songs, production, interviews with members, producer, sound engineer , cover album, artist interview, release of the album, press reviews, tour, tour personnel picture, rare items… and the 4 or 5 discs with the original album, the remaster by S. Wilson, Live gig from that tour, a ton of unreleased songs, demos, …
Thanks for the detailed description, I forgot a bit about all the details, I just remember that I really love those releases and that there was a lot of very cool stuff to read, lot of details that I wasn't eve aware (with all of this I almost forgot about the live recordings and other demos that came with it!!). Yeah I think this is really the way to do it when it comes to anniversary releases

I really hope they're at least saving and/or considering releasing their supposed "vault of secrets" upon the world when they retire. Because we're sure as shit not getting anything for the anniversaries. But still.....totally ordering that Graphic Novel.

Do Manics fans not have all this already? I'm no expert but other than the BBC sessions and the DVDs that all looks like stuff that any fan should already have the originals for, and I suspect that that BBC sessions and DVDs are hardly new for hardcore fans either.

Do Manics fans not have all this already? I'm no expert but other than the BBC sessions and the DVDs that all looks like stuff that any fan should already have the originals for, and I suspect that that BBC sessions and DVDs are hardly new for hardcore fans either.

The BBC sessions and DVDs alone make the boxsets worthwhile and I guess that even the most hardcore fans would not have had the new documentaries included therein as they were brand new. :p

The “anniversary releases” (and special editions, remasters, etc.) are just money grabs, exploiting fans’ loyalty. All that matters is the music, which is already there and we already have. There is no reason to constantly re-release the same music except to grub more and more money. It’s disgusting. The music industry is sick.

Last edited:
Maiden has made it really clear that they’re not interested in celebrating anniversaries. Honestly I am surprised that they are even acknowledging Piece of Mind’s 40th.

I still think they are probably saving a lot of stuff so they can have releases post retirement, but the industry has also changed quite a bit. I suspect part of the reason they don’t release archival material is that most of the recent releases (Maiden England DVD, Beast 40th, probably a lot of the vinyl) didn’t sell very well. And they’re not really going to throw that stuff up on the Internet for free.

Maiden has made it really clear that they’re not interested in celebrating anniversaries. Honestly I am surprised that they are even acknowledging Piece of Mind’s 40th.

I still think they are probably saving a lot of stuff so they can have releases post retirement, but the industry has also changed quite a bit. I suspect part of the reason they don’t release archival material is that most of the recent releases (Maiden England DVD, Beast 40th, probably a lot of the vinyl) didn’t sell very well. And they’re not really going to throw that stuff up on the Internet for free.
One of the problems though is the ridiculous pricing of some products. £64.99 for Beast and Hammersmith was an outrageous price tag. No wonder it didn’t sell. I picked it up a while back on Amazon for under £40 (that was my price point I was willing to get it at).

I will always continue to be confused by the lack of archival releases from this band. But you are right about releasing material post-retirement. That will probably happen.

Ona different note, here’s a great interview with Dave Ingraham of Bruce’s band back in day. Some cool stories about the recording of the 3 albums.

Thanks for sharing the link! Very interesting interview.

According to Dave, Roy Z wanted him to be the drummer on Tyranny of Souls and there were also discussions with Eddie Casillas and Dave back in 2018 to play on a couple of songs on the new album. Both things did not materialise, with Dave having moved on from those metal days as a player and also having a steady gig with the Young Dubliners.

Funnily enough, he mentions seeing “recently” that Adrian was going to be part of Bruce’s forthcoming tour, which seems to contradict all the information we currently have.

Last edited:
Back