Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Thanks for sharing the link! Very interesting interview.

According to Dave, Roy Z wanted him to be the drummer on Tyranny of Souls and there were also discussions with Eddie Casillas and Dave back in 2018 to play on a couple of songs on the new album. Both things did not materialise, with Dave having moved on from those metal days as a player and also having a steady gig with the Young Dubliners.
Indeed. Thanks for sharing.
It would have been nice to hear him and Eddie Casillas on a couple of songs on the new album, but I have to say that I really like Dave Moreno's work on TOS. About coming back for TOS, he also said that the band didn't make much money from the tours and he doesn't want to learn that difficult ''Latin feel'' in most of Roy's songs again.

More interesting bits:
His favorite album is TCW.
His influences were Peter Criss, John Bonham, Neil Peart and Stewart Copeland.
For his first live shows, he played songs by Led Zeppelin, Heart and Journey.
He only got a place in Bruce's band because he had a friend who knew Roy, and then when he joined his first band and Bruce liked Roy, Roy wanted Bruce to use the whole band, and because Bruce didn't want a double bass drummer.
Black Sabbath's Heaven And Hell blew his mind and then he got obsessed with early Sabbath too. He also liked Priest's 1979 live album a lot, but was never a Maiden guy. Unlike Roy and Eddie.
He came from a classic rock background.
He thinks his best drumming is on TCW, but closer to his natural style is on BTP.
He didn't like his drum sound on BTP. He likes the drum sound for the only song he didn't play on the album - ''Tears Of The Dragon''.
He can't even remember how he came up with some of the drum parts on those albums, and he's not sure if he can still play them.
He wanted to honour Nicko's style, but also put his own style for the Maiden songs he played live.
His favorite songs to play live were: ''Laughing In The Hiding Bush'' (because of the funky feel) and ''Chemical Wedding'' (because of the more laid back drumming). He really loves the latter song.
He was ''faking'' double bass pedal on ''Trumpets Of Jericho''. He can't play double kick.
He is not a big fan of some of the live performances on Scream For Me Brazil.
He and Adrian and Roy got on very well together.
He admits he's a bit jealous that he's not part of the band for the upcoming tour. He always wanted to go on tours.

Maiden has made it really clear that they’re not interested in celebrating anniversaries. Honestly I am surprised that they are even acknowledging Piece of Mind’s 40th.
Maybe they're not that uninterested after all. Although the stuff they released for them should be much more interesting and detailed.
The most common stuff is: bonus unreleased songs or demos (not sure if Maiden have any), live versions (they have for sure) and new or remastered covers (they can always do that; they're famous with their covers). So it seems they are either saving them up or just want to mark the anniversaries with at least something, but not much.

Their decision on a potential 50th anniv tour after the current tour would be curious. It's 50/50 imo.
I will always continue to be confused by the lack of archival releases from this band. But you are right about releasing material post-retirement. That will probably happen.
^Yes. We all hope so.
The “anniversary releases” (and special editions, remasters, etc.) are just money grabs, exploiting fans’ loyalty. All that matters is the music, which is already there and we already have. There is no reason to constantly re-release the same music except to grub more and more money.
You have a point, but it all depends on the bonus stuff. If you don't have something interesting then don't release anything for this particular album, but it would be great to have live shows from every tour, right. And imagine how many bonus songs Bruce has from the writing sessions for his last 2 solo albums. Stuff like that.

Last edited:
Bruce makes some choice comments on Power Trip.

Rich people filming rich people!

As usual, Bruce being disrespectful to the audiences who pay the ticket prices that allow him to live a lifestyle most people on Earth could only dream of. What a cunt muppet!

Someone should have told Bruce that they were the warm-up for Guns N’Roses though. :D

As usual, Bruce being disrespectful to the audiences who pay the ticket prices that allow him to live a lifestyle most people on Earth could only dream of. What a cunt muppet!

Someone should have told Bruce that they were the warm-up for Guns N’Roses though. :D
I have to agree with him. These overly expensive, elitist festivals are not very rock n' roll. I'd take their money and run.

A take so bad you had to post it in two threads!

Back